Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Summer Breeze ~ SOUS 7-30-10


Oh my goodness! Where has this week gone! It's past time for me to write my post and I haven't even taken any close-ups this time around! Thats not like me. But I think it will be okay  You can just click on the photo to see things up close and personal! It will give you a great of view of all my imperfections =).

Our challenge this week at Stuck on U Sketches is easy peasy ... we just want to see someting "Summer Inspired." No sketch .. just pull out thise summer pix that need scrapping and have a blast!

I had to really think about what I wanted to do this time. Since my kids are grown and most of my grandkids don't live all that close, I'm not full to the brim with pix at the pool. And my hubby and I plan our vacations for any time EXCEPT the summer.  I joked that I was going to do a layout about him mowing the yard!

But ... I had this great new photo of dgd Peyton taken with her cute little sundress on ... and had some awesome new papers from My Creative Scrapbook.  It was a marriage made in Heaven .. LOL  Some of you from the Cricut MB may remember my layout of Peyton from last year titled "See my Hair Bow?" Well, this one could have the very same title, couldn't it? This is one of her humongous hair bows .. but I think it's a fave of mine.  And it co-ordinates so well with these yummy Loolah papers from Creative Imaginations. Just to change things up a bit, I used my die cut piece in the lower right corner and let one of the other papers peek through. My photo mat is cut from Cricut's Sentimentals cartridge and pop dotted.  The scroll in the upper left corner is from Sweethearts. My title is cut from Gypsy Wanderings.  Peyton is a little sweetie and she is like a breath of fresh air in our lives .. thus the title .. Sweet Summer Breeze.  My butterflies are again from Tie The Knot and my fence is from the Heritage cart.

I used some of the embellishments from my kit to finish things off .. flowers scattered around  .. on the fence and in amongst the flowers on the paper. Lots of bling on the flowers and photo mat. A little twine on the fence to represent a vine. And I just loved the Jolee's ladybug embellies which included that cute little caterpillar! So cute for a little girl page! 

I totally enjoyed working on this one and hope that working on your Summer Inspired page brings you the same pleasure! If you haven't been by Stuck on U Sketches yet .. better hop on over there and see what my teamies have done! We also have a blog candy winner from last week .. AND we have a guest designer this week! You won't want to miss that!




16 comments:

  1. So Pretty!!! The layout AND the baby! Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner Sandi! Love the bright pink and the photo is to die for, Peyton is just such a little cutie.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious picture!!!! Love the picket fence and the papers you chose just go perfect with the pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Beautiful you did!!!!! She is so Precious!!!!!! Love you design!!! Such a summer lo!!!!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling page!! Nice and Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the wonderful colors on this adorable page. Love that fence -- such a nice touch. Beautiful picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this layout!! The papers are so fabulous! The pic of you baby is so delightful! Her big bow is fab!!!! It's been one of those weeks for me too!
    blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandi this one is beyond sweet! You dgd is so precious and I love how the papers go so well with that precious picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout Sandi! Such a darling photo. Love all the goodies on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful page.... look what you started with! She is such a cutie! Love the colors and all the flowers! The fence is perfect. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie! Love the bright pink against the white background paper! Thanks for having me over at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Lo is beautiful!! Love the colors and all the flowers and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi... your dgd is precious!! What a cutie!! And her bow totally rocks!! Love it!!
    Guess what!! I am one step closer to moving down to your area!! We finally sold our house here in Indiana and think we have our new house in Texas picked out.... we are still working on making an offer! I can't wait to get down there!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog while I was gone and leaving me those sweet comments!! i left an award for you - when you get a chance, come by and pick it up!!

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout is spectacular....and your dgd is so beautiful!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another stunning layout Sandi - all the Cricut detail is great, love that fence....

    Peyton's hair bow is gorgeous, what a stunning photo - such a little cutie.....

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi, this is gorgeous and little Peyton is precious!!! I love, love, the bow! And what are you talking about imperfections, I don't think so... Week after week your work is just FABULOUS!! Sorry I'm a little late getting around, but I made finally made it and sooo glad that I did!!!
    I know you are just as busy or even busier than I am, but I have an award for you over on my blog... Don't stress over it I totally understand if you don't have time!! Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you!! Have a wonderful evening gf!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete