Friday, September 30, 2011

~ LOVE ~ New sketch is up at SOUS!


Hi, scrappers! I am so excited that we have a new sketch up at Stuck on U Sketches and this time we have a great 4 photo sketch done by the awesome Liz Qualman. You can visit her HERE.  I find that her sketches are always so well balanced and make for wonderful pages. I think you will too.

We have had so many family events this year that I had plenty to choose from. LOL But I decided to scrap a few of my dgd Maddie's engagement photos. As you can see in the larger photo, I wanted to be sure and scrap a page with the "book" that Marcos made and used to propose. Such a romantic guy!

My papers are from KaiserCraft's Chapter One collection. So yummy! I really need to go back and finish using them before I forget about them! Remember that you can click on the photo to enlarge it for a close-up view. I paired them with some plain black cardstock and a few white doilies. One corner is turned back to reveal the doilie accented with a Prima tea rose and a K and Company butterfly.

There is some stamping at the top of the page done with my Donna Salazar Weathered Trim stamp. Just inked in black, The little tab has a Websters Pages Sparkler attached to it so that you can pull it out and read the journaling note.  I also used a Glitz Design transparency on the lower right-hand photo. The rub-on at the bottom which also serves as my title is also made by Glitz.

I finished with a Prima black pearl swirl and more Prima flowers from the Paloma series. Then a few more butterflies were scattered around and I called it a "wrap." This was such a fun page to do .. awesome sketch, fun photos and gorgeous paper .. what more could you ask?

I hope that you will play along this time. This is the last sketch of the month and the last opportunity to be in the drawing for the blog candy donated by the Flying Unicorn online scrapbook store.

Speaking of .. tomorrow is October and will be the reveal for the October Kit of the Month at Flying Unicorn. Can't wait to show you my creations!

Thanks for coming by and for always leaving such inspiring comments! Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandy! What a beautiful layout and it does say "Romance"! LOL! The pictures of Maddie and Marcos are beautiful also! You have such a feel for your layouts that they're just perfect!

    Thank you my friend for stopping by to visit and leave me such a wonderful comment. I appreciate your concern, and I really am feeling terrific. Right now it's just difficult for me to sit up for long periods so I'm getting around a bit slow...but, I am getting around -- lol!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a lovely page, and the engagement photos are so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout Sandi.. Absolutely luv luv luv your flowery details and a big congrats on her engagement..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow just love this to bits and yes huge congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, Sandi.....dgd's engagement? Your not old enough for THAT! Congrats! Lovely layout and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOh Sandi, I love that collection, think I made five layouts myself with it. Your layout is gorgeous, so much detail - Prima flowers, butterflies, pearl swirls - perfect! Great photo's too, love the book future grandson in law made - clever boy! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and romantic layout, Sandi!!! Love the flowers and I really like what you did to the top left corner!! Have a great day!!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete