Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just a little something to share ..


Today I wanted to bring you a little inspiration using some yummy Creative Imaginations Devotion paper collection available in the Flying Unicorn Store . How perfect they are for the upcoming Valentine's season.

I had this new photo of my dd Danielle that I was wanting to scrap. It was taken with a cell phone and is a bit fuzzy but hey, she's my baby girl! So, I started with Wave as my background paper and distressed the edges altho they have been mostly cropped out. Next I positioned a thin circle cut from the Passion paper to see where I wanted it. Before I adhered it though, I used a Prima lattice stamp to give the page a bit of character.

Taking some brown cardstock I used my Martha Stewart Floral Vine punch and layered that with a strip of the Wings paper where I had used my Martha Stewart Scrolled Hearts punch. Next I layered in an off-white crocheted doily from the craft store and tucked a Kaiser Craft wooden lamp post in behind that. I love using doilies on my page as I just adore having a variety of textures on my work. It makes them more interesting to me.

Behind my photo is a couple of paper layers .. a bit of the Rose Garden paper along with some vintage MME gold cardstock. Everything has of course been inked with various Ingvild Bolme fluid chalk ink pads in various colors. These are also available in the Flying Unicorn store and I can highly recommend them for use on your projects.

The gates are among my favorite Dusty Attic pieces and are the ornate gates in medium. I first sprayed then with Glimmer Mist Chalkboard in Decadence (from the store again) and then touched them lightly with some Ranger Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo. My flowers are a mixed of Prima the Fitzgerald collection in Woodland and Petaloo Mixed Blooms in Red from my stash. Of course, I had to have a few butterflies, so added a vintage Prima butterfly from my stash (finally used it!) and some misc dimensional butterlfies that I keep on hand.

Lastly, I added a "paradise" sticker from my January Kit of the Month to serve as my page title .. I am down to teensy scraps but am hoping to pull off a card at least.

Thanks for coming by. Hopefully you will feel inspired to make something uniquely you. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sandi...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful LO!! I love everything, the papers, embellishments and the doily. Super job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Love how you made it look like she's standing in the "gateway". Cute light post too. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, Sandi!!!! Love the design, and the papers and embellies are perfect together!!! Hope you're having fun time at your "party"!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just gorgeous!!!! was a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Sandi!! Love all the beautiful papers and flowers!!

      Delete
  6. Love your LO Sandi - I just bought those papers the other day and I can't wait to use them. Love the way you used your DA chippies too!

    ReplyDelete