Thursday, July 12, 2012

Guess what's happening over at SOUS?

This is what posted over on the Stuck on U Sketches blog yesterday and I thought I would post it to my own blog today. 


It is with great excitement that Leah, Nanne and I announce our new Card Team designers to you our faithful followers!  "Excited" is an understatement for me personally because this has been my baby so to speak .. with Leah and Nanne's help of course!  And a big shout out to Leah for helping with the initial sketches! Muwah!


 We received so many wonderful applications, and again we thank you so much! Hopefully, you can play along with us on our challenges  and try out on the next Design Team call! 


So who are these fabulous inaugural Card Designers? First off, we have a couple of familiar faces: 


Jane Stirling from the Sketch team

and Tracey Kelley from the Die Cut team!


 Ladies, we feel personally honored that you jumped at the chance to do Cards for us as well! That speaks volumes to us about your commitment to SOUS! We can't wait to see your new creations! 

And now .. here are  the newest members of the SOUS DT (in alphabetical order!) Drum roll please!!!  

Alissa Wells
"I teach elementary music in Houston, TX and my down time is filled with running, crafting, and my little boy. My card style includes lots of stamping and shabby chic details. I blog at Will Run for Stamps." 


Becky Litz

"Hello Everyone! My name is Becky. My partner Trevor and I live with our two kiddos; Olivia 9 and Sullivan 1 in Cranbrook BC in the heart of the B-E-A-U-tiful Canadian Rocky Mountains. I am a Elementary School teacher but I am taking some time off to stay home with our son, and while I’m at it I look after two other little boys the same age.  Papercrafting is my passion and I am so excited to be able to share it with you. I am thrilled to be a part of the new SOUS Card Sketch Team and I look forward to getting to know these amazing ladies some more. Please stop by and visit my blog at www.scrapcircus.blogspot.com. "

Erica Ortiz
"Hello everyone! My name is Erica, also known as mimi402.  I live in El Paso Texas and happily married to a wonderful man named Bob.  My husband and I have no children but do have one rather large fur-baby lab mix named Cozmo. I work full time as a federal employee and in my spare time you can usually find me in my scraproom, relieving the stresses of every day life.  I started paper crafting in 2010 and like many others, have become totally addicted to this hobby. I love the art of creating and preserving memories.  As much as I enjoy creating layouts...I also love creating cards, playing with canvases, and working on shadow boxes that I give to my family and friends as gifts. I am so thrilled to be a part of the Card Design Team at Stuck on U Sketches and to be given the opportunity to share my creations!  I hope to inspire others and to get inspired by all of you."


Leslie Foley
"Hi, my name is Leslie. I'm married with 3 kids and I live in Phoenix, Arizona.
I'm very happy to be part of your team. I started Scrapbooking and Stamping about 12 years ago, and shortly after that I started teaching classes in local craft stores around town. I love to work with anything that has to do with paper and fabric." 


Nancie Quah 
"Hello, my name is Nancie Quah (http://punchcreations.blogspot.com/). I was born at " The Pearl of the Orient" Penang and currently staying in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I started with punched craft in 2006 with my daughter, then I ventured into rubber stamps, altered projects and scrapbooking and was hooked since then. Besides crafting, I love to travel (especially seaside), cook and spend time with my family and friends. 
Hugs
Nancie"

Vivian Lake
"Hi, I'm Vivian Rose Lake!  I'm 35 years old and have been scrapbooking for fourteen years. I live and work in Southern Indiana. I consider myself a "jack of many trades".  I am a registered veterinary technologist, but my main job is in management.  I have been married for nearly eleven years and have one son.  I also have 3 rescue animals, two dogs and a cat.   This is my first design team and am thrilled to be here. These days, most of my cards seem to have some sort of critter on them. I tend to gravitate towards making "cute" cards more than sentimental or "pretty" cards.  It is a personal challenge for me to make masculine/boy cards, or a card that could be used either way.  But, I do love to make flowers too but for some strange reason find making feminine cards even more difficult.  Within the last couple years, I have learned that I truly love making my own die cuts and flowers so most of my cards and layouts have mostly my own handmade embellishments on them.  Thank you, SOUS, for giving me the opportunity to challenge myself and showcase my work on your site."
.....

Isn't that a great line up or what ?? I cannot wait to see their first projects come rolling in! 

Our Card Challenges debut next Wednesday the 18th and will post on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. As with our other challenges, you will have 2 weeks to upload your projects with the Inlinz tool for a chance at Top 3! 

We'd be grateful if you would help get the word out so that we will have plenty of participation early on! 

 Don't forget .. next Wednesday July 18th .. the DT will be posting their first Card creations for SOUS! 

Thanks for coming by! And welcome, ladies! 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on this talented group of girls for your card team!! Thanks for dropping by my blog today and leaving the kind comments - so appreciated! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete