Friday, January 4, 2013

A New SOUS Sketch Challenge!



Happy Friday, everyone! It's Reveal Day over at Stuck on U Sketches. This time we have a gorgeous layout sketch designed by our own Nanne' Harry! I sure had funny creating with it.

Yes, Christmas is over for another year BUT I did not scrap a single Christmas layout  in December ... none since probably this time last year! So, I figured a little Christmas scrapping was long overdue!! 

This is a photo of one of our daughters on Christmas Eve along with her hubby and son (and one of our awesome grandkids! ) I've used some Kaisercraft Christmas papers, a Dusty Attic title and clock along with flowers made from my Tim Holtz pine cone die. I tucked in a tag by the floral cluster and added a Prima zipper pull as well as a few bridal pearl sprays. The page seemed to need a little something more, so I added a few banner strips and twine. Then I outlined my die cut specialty paper with Liquid Pearls. 

Kind of a more simple page for me but I had fun doing it! 

I hope you will stop by Stuck on U Sketches to grab the sketch and see what the other designers have done with this one. Also, hopefully you will find time to play along with us! I'm sure you have some photos that need scrapped, right? 

Thanks for all your sweet comments. I read them all and stay inspired! 
Have a great weekend! 

16 comments:

  1. this is awesome...love the chippy circle :) just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sandi.. lovely take on the sketch..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photo, the flowers and that title piece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Chrissy page Sandi .. hope you are settling into your new home .. wishing you & yours a blessed New Year hugz XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title and backgroup piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty-envying that clock! Congrats on your new DT as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi!!! Happy New Year!!! :) hope everything is fine there!!!
    Beautiful Christmas page!!!! love the clock!! pretty pic, too!!!
    Congratulations on your new design team!!! :) woohooo!!
    Miss you hon!! Take care! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Sandi! Even though you didn't scrap Christmas pages in December, you created a beautiful one now! I love the die cut and how you outlined it, and I especially like the family photo. Just a wonderful and heartwarming page and a great memory for you!!!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hello!
    So, it's a new year so I better start off getting better with blogging! =)
    Great projects my friend...love em' all but gosh, that blue and kraft page...that is something else! Just gorgeous!
    And really love this family photo for this layout! =)
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend...we've got 2 out of 3 in bed and an early night so I can be my best for the little ones in Sunday school tomorrow...

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Sandi! Wonderful photo and fabulous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page, Sandi!! Love the rose cluster and pearl accents. Great photo! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout, Sandi!!!! Love the flowers you made and the added liquid pearls!! And don't worry about scrapping Christmas layouts in January... I bet I will be scrapping a few on and off "all" year!!! :o) Have a great week gf!!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page Sandi, loving the papers and the chippies, and that's a great photo too, another family treasure... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely page Sandi! Great photo to scrap too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Sandi! Love the decorative edges and chipboard clock! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete