Sunday, February 24, 2013

A new Quick Quotes Card project!

If you are here for the Scrap That! Blog Hop and Kit Reveal, please scroll down to this POST


Happy Sunday, crafters! Sandi here today to share my newest card creation using the awesome Quick Quotes   Cracklin' Rose collection! I needed to make a quick card for our pastor and I thought this collection would be great for a nice, masculine card.  




This is a simple but effective go-to card design that I use a lot. It's a great way to use up some scraps if you have them but the card always looks so "finished." My card base is 5 x 6.5 inches. I've covered the front with Cracklin' Rose 200 and then my strips consist of Cracklin' Rose 100 and Cracklin' Rose 200. The sentiment is stamped on a Die Cut from the new 6x6 card paper pad available on the website 3/20. The inside of my card is covered with more of the  Cracklin' Rose 100. All my edges were inked generously with a combination of Amaretto PowderPuff Chalking Ink and Bloody Mary PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

I've added in a few things from my scrappy leftovers stash: ivory crinkle ribbon, a 4 inch doily, a  lone Prima flower, some leftover Zva bling, twine, a wooden button and a lovely hat pin. I love using up those miscellaneous pieces to create something new! Lastly, I computer-generated my sentiment and adhered that inside but trimmed the edges to let that gorgeous Cracklin' Rose 100 paper show around the edges!

Thanks for coming by today! Have fun creating!

Products used
Cracklin' Rose 100
Cracklin' Rose 200
Amaretto PowderPuff Chalking Ink
Bloody Mary PowderPuff
Cracklin' Rose 6x6 paper pad

Misc:
ATG tape runner
Glossy Accents
4 in Wilton Paper doily 
twine
Prima Craftsman wooden button
Prima Bel Canto bloom, brown
Ivory crinkle ribbon
Zva bling
Verve Wonderfully Made Stamp set
Recollections Blank 5x6.5 card set 



6 comments:

  1. Amazing card idea...so appreciating work...thanks for sharing..!! Plastic cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sandy!!! It is so good to see your work again -- it's as amazing a card as all your work is!!!

    Dropping by to say hi, and I'll be back again soon! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! LOVING the colors and the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used this collection for a masculine card. Such a creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, this is gorgeous!!!! I love the colors!!

    Hope you're doing well and didn't get too much snow... We just got the wind... overturned a dumptruck at Fort Hood where my DH was.. Thought we were going to lose the tin on one of the barns over at the farm!!

    ReplyDelete