Monday, July 15, 2013

Sandi's Kit Creations for Scrap That! (the details)




Hi, there! Sandi here today with my July Kit creations using the Scrap That! "Hope Chest" kit.  This kit was so "me" with all the warm earth tones. For this layout of my Dad, I chose a combination of one the more tropical looking papers (Dad served in the South Pacific) as well as the one with gorgeous cursive that reminded me of my Dad's own handwriting. I used a random Martha Stewart stencil at the top and then misted and dribbled with my Lindy's Stamp Gang "Grab a Guy Gold." Such a gorgeous color! The page is really built around the yummy mesh from the kit that felt nautical to me.

My punch work is a combination of a vintage Martha Stewart punch called Cherish Hearts and my MS double arches punch. Of course, my flowers were also punched using my McGill Star Lily punches and were based on Tracey G's tutorial found HERE. These got the LSG GGG misting as well as my crinkle ribbon. My Prima flowers were taken apart and then reassembled more to my liking. They got spritzed too! I loved the Maya Road pearl roses from the kit and altered them with Gesso, so that I could then paint them navy blue as a reminder to me of my Dad's Navy peacoat. I such a mush! I also had fun using the X's from the cork Thickers to give the illusion of lacing.

Here are some close-ups:




____

Next:


This Mixed Media on glass project is probably my favorite thing EVER! I seriously just keep staring at it! (Maybe because the photo is of my grown up baby girl, huh?) I was originally motivated by a piece created by Michelle Wilson "Madame Ro."  Her Asian Inspired Layout on Glass was inspired by Miranda Edney's glass project, so I credit them both! They both do such gorgeous work! 

I posted a tutorial on July 2nd on the Scrap That! Chat blog describing exactly how this piece was created.  But for today let me share that it was created on an 8x10 piece of glass, stamped, embossed with UTEE, misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang mists and then embellished to the max! I just started adding embellies from this kit as well as from previous Scrap That! kits and a few items from my personal stash ... and I couldn't stop! LOL Most of my embellishments were glued in place using Beacon's 3 in1.  I have photographed my piece sitting on a plate rack so that you can get a little better view of all the yummy flowers (mostly Prima Sunrise, Sunset), Pink Paislee butterflies, scrabble tiles, Prima wood pin and such. The UTEE looks so "icey" ..  I just love it! Can't wait to share my close-ups. So fun to try something different!




____

Last but not least:



It seems that I always begin with the Main Kit only layout and usually follow Amy's sketch too if I can swing it because they are usually a match made in heaven.  I did substitute a square for the circle though. 
These papers screamed vintage to me personally,  so I took the opportunity to scrap some photos of my parents. This photo is of my lovely mom and was one that my dad always carried in his wallet. It is the only copy that I have but using a myriad of photo editing software,  I have restored it fairly well. 

I began my project with those fun flowers made largely from the Making Memories Mocha Paperie paper (swoon!!) along with my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die and my Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms Die. I've used the cork paper as my base here for a fun touch. Then punched, stitched, distressed, layered and added a few last things from my own stash: the Blue Fern title, butterflies from the May Scrap That! kit and Zva pearls, a RAK from Lisa Gregory.  You'll see a few more Zva pearl swirls from her in my mixed media piece.  Thanks, Lisa!! I am so enjoying them! 

 The Wild Orchid flowers are tucked here and there .. I used my whole "bunch" on this one page! Lastly, I used the Cork Thickers to add my mom's nickname on the sweet banners added per the sketch.  






That's it for today! I hope you were able to snag one of these gorgeous kits! It was fun, fun, fun! 


6 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww! these are absolutely GORGEOUS!! i love love love the colors, the layers and loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could look at these projects all day! Awesome work! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sandi so glad I finally made it here since I got this blog notification - been so busy my side but this is just a treat for me to look at over & over again - amazing work with this kit - fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderful the way you use florals on your page

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful!
    I really want to try that Glass project at some point. I need to find some glass. I totally want to do this to one of my most fave pics of my son. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete