Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sandi's August Kit Creations with close-ups ..


Sandi here today to share my August Scrap That! Kit creations! 
 Granddaughters sure make my scrapping life easy! (Photograph by friend Kristen Alexander.) I did a bit of background work on this page although not nearly so much as my "She" page below. My Prima Gate mask is about to bite the dust and I'd sure buy a new one if I could find one! But I did use it in a couple of places along with some molding paste; then spritzed wirh Lindy's Stamp Gang in Afternoon Delight Denim. I pulled out a few favorite punches .. Martha Stewart Floral Vine, deep-edged Scroll Hearts, and Swirling Lace. You can see that I've used my Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die for my leafy vines. I randomly tucked my white lace from the kit here and there and added green microbeads in about 3 places ... to just add a little something different. Butterflies are by friend and Guest Designer this month, Lisa Gregory. Aren't they scrumptious? And I so loved the big pearl bling in the EAO kit this time! I added some alphas from last month's kit and used Natasha's technique to distress them. 
Here are a few close-ups:



(oops, forgot the "b")


_____



This is probably my favorite project this time around! The photo is of my sweet granddaughter MacKayla. As you can see, I went a little crazy with my background using stencils, masks, mists and molding paste. It was a bit of mixed media delight! To punch things up a bit more, I've added some corrugated cardboard from the shipping kit to create a fun edge. I fussy cut the floral corner of one page and popped that up on more corrugated cardboard, embossed some of the grey card stock and added my florals. I also dug out my Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die for my leafy vines. The Dusty Attic birdcage #5 is from my stash but just seemed to fit perfectly on my page. Lastly, I tucked in the sweet owl, Etsy butterfly and loads of the Want2Scrap lavender pearls. You can see that I've added some of the spanish moss from the kit in amongst the florals. I used a heavy hand of white Gesso to make everything blend. The alphas are from a previous Scrap That! kit. 








_____


More granddaughters! LOL This photo was taken at DGD Malerie's wedding a couple of weeks ago. I think I am the only one to capture this shot, as the photographer had started loading up his equipment to change locations. Even with lots of photo-editing, it is still not the outcome I'd like but I'm thrilled to have it! I used my TCW ledger stencil on this page although it is hard to see and of course more LSG mists which were sprayed and allowed to drip. I hadn't used my MS Garden Gate punch in a while, so I thought it would be a fun element to use here along with my MS Double Arches. My Dusty Attic mini fences (from my stash) were a perfect backdrop for my florals. They were painted and then I used some Patina Rub 'n Buff. I also tucked in lots of Dusty Attic vines from my stash to really make the florals pop. You can also see the Fabscraps chipboard swirl at the bottom right.  I simply snipped off the bird, coated it with white Gesso, then used some Olive Vine Silks acrylic paint and Glimmer Glam in Dirty Martini. Same thing with the DA vines. You'll see more of Lisa Gregory's butterflies here as well. I altered several of my flowers with LSG mists to achieve the colors I was going for and then dabbed them with Pixie Dust Glimmer Glam. More scattered pearls ... and isn't it just fun, fun, fun? Kind of goes with the whole crazy, jubilant mood of the girls! Except for our little flower girl. 






That's it from me today. I'll be back tomorrow with a short "tip" type tutorial. 

I have so enjoyed the past 15 months at Scrap That! and want to thank Kaitlyn for having me. It has been a wonderful experience that I will surely miss! 


5 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!! LOVING the colors, the layers and all the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Sandi! Love them all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughters are so beautiful and you captured their photos so brilliantly in your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sandi! I'm loving how vibrant your pages are these days. And noticing all the misting and drips - yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Beautiful pages Sandi!!!love all the details.. Gorgeous work with this kit!! xo

    ReplyDelete