Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sandi's "Together" project!



Hello, crafty peeps! Sandi here with you today sharing a Creative Embellishments DT project that was just so much fun to do! I know that Christmas is long gone but I was itching to scrap this photo of 2 of my sweet granddaughters. The sweetie on the left was adopted last summer and it has been sooooooo hard to get a good photo of her! She is always in too big a hurry for photos! And of course, that is our little blond princess on the right. 


I wanted to share a few close-ups of the chipboard and how I've treated it. First up is that magnificent  Flourish from   Flourish Set #4.  I've treated this piece with Viva Crackle Paint in Gold and allowed it to dry naturally for the best crackle effect. Then I hit the edges with some Quick Quotes Powder Puff Chalk Ink in Mango Mai Tai. A single pearl to the center and it was done.


Next let's look at the flower cluster on the left and the fab feather from the  Feathers set.  I've been wanting to use one as a leaf-like embellishment for awhile!  I first gessoed the piece, then painted it with green acrylic paint before misting it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Rusty Lantern Lime.  The finishing touch was a few swipes of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Dirty Martini. Love that stuff!


***


Here I wanted to share my simple treatment to the Together Frame set. Isn't it fabulous? And so trendy! It was so easy to alter with a bit of green acrylic paint, let it dry and then add some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Green with Envy Green. I love the splotchy effect it left. Just for a bit of detail, I added a few green pearls.


Then I got busy on my Butterflies. There is one on the right and another on the left side of the layout. Honestly, I added so many layers here that I sort of lost track! But what really changed the look was simple acrylic paint followed by more of that Glimmer Glam I love so much in Big Apple (right) and Dirty Martini (left).  Then a single pearl was added to the center.  The key to adding Glimmer Glam is to use a fan-shaped brush to scoop it out of the jar to ensure you get plenty of the glitter!


***


I adore the sweet Lamp post set! They are just the right touch to add to so many kinds of projects! For this one I first gessoed and then painted it black. Using some Versamark and  Stampendous Aged Gold embossing enamel, I achieved a nice look but decided to chip away part of the embossing enamel for a more aged look. 


***


That's about wraps it up for today! Just adding a little close-up of one corner of my page! 

Thanks for coming by today! I'll be back on the 28th with another project for you! There is something new here on our Blog every day! 

Be sure and visit the  Creative Embellishments store and take a look at all the new items! Something for everyone! 


Creative Embellishments supplies used:
Together frame set ..  Together Frame set
Feathers ..  Feathers
Flourish set #4 ..  Flourish Set #4
Lamp post … Lamp post
Butterflies …  Butterflies

Other supplies:
Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas
Martha Stewart Wild Flowers Punch
Art Is stencil
Lindy's Stamp Gang Green with Envy Green
Lindy's Stamp Gang Rusty Lantern Lime
Stampendous Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
Viva Crackle Paint, Gold
Tattered Angel's Glimmer Glam, Dirty Martini,
Tattered Angel's Glimmer Glam, Big Apple
Distress Paint Dabber, Peeled Paint
Distress Paint Dabber, Red Pepper
Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Sweet Cherry
Sandi



4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous!! LOVING all that vibrant RED!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! What a great fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout!! Love all the alterations. That feather is gorge, the butterfly is super cool and great embossing on the lamp post and flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously beautiful Sandi! Textural and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete