Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sketchabilities #111


Hello, Sketchabilties fans! Today I'm sharing my DT submission for sketch #111 over at Sketchabilities. I love, love, love this one! Circular frames around a photo get me every time. Karan creates the most awesome sketches, so I've included it at the end of this post. I'm sure you're going to want to play along, time permitting. 

I must say that this layout was probably the MOST fun, relaxing page I've created all year! Seriously, I created this one awhile back. Hubby was watching some playoff game and I was in my scrap room playing with pretty paper! Not a care in the world that day  .. just the joy of creating. 

I've used Marion Smith's Mad Tea Party papers, Prima blooms, a mix of chipboard and lots of cheesecloth tucked here and there. On the floral background, I've used a Prima crackle stencil and molding paste. Everything was finished off with gesso, crackle paint on the edges and droplets of Lindy's Ruby Red Slippers! 

Here's some close-ups:





Now, here's the sketch: 


I hope that you will head on over to Sketchabilities and check out what the Design Team has done this time. We'd love to have you! 

Thanks for coming by. Hope you're having a great weekend! 

Sandi

13 comments:

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the distressed layers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Sandi, this is stunning! I love how all the layers come together and and bring the focus to that beautiful picture! One of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page!! very shabby chic and look all these awesome textures!! love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous combination of shabby chic elements Sandi - so many fabulous layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Sandi. Circles always gets me every time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delightful Sandi! Just LOVE how you are grunging it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is such a gorgeous creation Sandi!! Love that shabby, grungy look and the delicious layers. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment, I truly do appreciate it!! Love your work!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of those layouts were you go " oh that is perfection!!" From the paper choices, to the circular framing with the script stamping, to the photo and the textures this is just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you style! Great use of the sketch! I'm happy to be a part of the same design team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can see how much thought and love went into this page Sandi! A total STUNNER! love it! xo

    ReplyDelete