Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Merry Christmas! card with Sandi


Hello,  CE fans! Sandi here with you today. 

Let me start by saying that I'm doing the scrappy "walk of shame" today and posting a Christmas card in the Summer. It's against all my scrappy rules to do so … but there you have it! I had a layout planned but needed something quicker which led to doing a tag or a card. First thing you know I'm pulling out some old Fabscraps Christmas papers to go with this great new Stars in my Universe Frame. I've been dying to use it since I first spied it in the store and can't wait to use it again! I love, love, love using the CE frames to bring focus to my photos. But here I've decided to go another route and cut it apart to create some interest around the children in the corner. I've then added another piece in the upper left corner to represent a starry night. Love it! 



I primed my chippy with gesso, then added some color with Prima chalk ink in Teal Damask here and there. After that was heat set,  I embellished the chippy with the Circle Bokeh Stamp just to add a bit more character. Totally random choice. Since it's a stringed piece of chipboard, any of the stamps would work just as well. 



I suppose I should have mentioned earlier that my paper was stamped here and there with the Binary Stamp.  That stamp is dynamite! Stamps add so much dimension to your projects without any bulk .. win, win! 



Lastly, I finished off with some red crinkle ribbon as a bow and added a I Love Music Flair to the middle. 

That's it from me today! We have some great things coming up soon! And you will surely want to see what we have planned for September 1st! It will be a holiday here in the US but try to check in! 

Thanks for coming by! 








4 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the chipboard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, scrappy walk of shame!!! Your card is so pretty and full of texture...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card & great use of the embellishments & chippie from CE!!

    ReplyDelete