Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October Blue Fern Studios Inspiration!

Hello, hello!
Sandi here with you today sharing the first of my October creations.
I've used 3 different paper collections but one thing remains the same: awesome Blue Fern Studios chipboard!

I received the new Memoires paper collection just a few days ago along with a new batch of chipboard, flowers, stamps, embossing powder and glitter. I love taking time to admire everything and start formulating ideas for projects.

"True Story"

The Memoires paper are my new favorite … they are kind of a blend of the "Serendipity" feel paired with the warm colors of our "Autumn Anthology" papers. So hard to decide where to start because each one is so beautiful! 

The base layer is Twilight Fable layered with some torn Nature's Novel and Calling Cards for my photo layers. I did some mixed media work and then stamped randomly with the Crackle Textures stamp. Behind my photo you'll find the Persian Ornament chipboard piece which was embossed with the new Mocha Embossing Powder. It sure does shine! I treated the title piece from True Story, Big Drama the same way. I wanted the colors to mimic the papers, so stayed in that color family.  


The Spring in Paris chipboard piece is divine! I chose Black Sand embossing powder for that one as well as for the border piece, Mina's Border. I thought is would work well for architectural pieces. Here you can see some of our new flowers, Memoires Blooms. So yummy! 


My border is only attached in one spot since it is layered over the Persian Ornament piece, so it looks a little crooked although it's not. It's just dangling a bit. See how much shine you get with Mocha Embossing Powder, wow!


I'm dying over all the new stamps I received this time! Some of them have been available for a few months but my previous DT order went in before their release. I love stamps that have textural effects and have used this one around the edges of the paper and then randomly thoughout the design. 



A really good look at the Persian Ornament chipboard! 


Another sweet Memories Bloom off to the side. 
I finished with some black ink splatters. 
Now I can't wait to create my next Memoires project! 

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Paper: Memoires Twilight Fable, Nature's Novel, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Persian Ornament, Spring in Paris, Mina's Border, True Story, Big Drama set
Stamps: Crackle Textures
Embossing Powder: Mocha, Black Sand
Flowers: Memoires Blooms


I think that wraps up for today.  
I have 2 more fun Blue Fern Studios layouts to share for October! 
Thanks for coming by! 
Sandi


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.. I love the way the chippies shine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the Eiffel Tower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Sandi! I'm anxiously waiting to buy the Memoires collection and now even more so since you described them as Serendipity feel with Autumn Anthology colors - WOW! Love seeing the new elements. I really love the Black Sand EP! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet as usual, looked a little bit closer today to see all wonderful details. So I understand I need to work a little more with background to make the page I'm working with will gett better. Hope I'll get some time this weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete