Sunday, August 20, 2017

You - Cottage Chic from Scraps of Elegance!

Hello, everyone!
 Sandi here with you today sharing another project with the super gorgeous July Scraps of Elegance Kit, Country Chic. 
This Kit featuring 49 and Market paper and embellishments along with the lovely KaiserCraft Lilac Whisper papers and so much more! 


These are sweet granddaughters Zoe and Clara who currently are residing in Costa Rica. However, I didn't let their current tropical location deter me from using this cute photo for a Cottage Life theme!  For my background paper I actually used the packing from the Cottage Life papers and primed it with clear gesso, then watered down white gesso to reduce the shiny appearance and prep it for any mixed media.

 In the end, all I actually did was stamping (Blue Fern Studios Country Garden stamp from the Elements add-on and a few from my stash) and some splattering with the Lindy's Stamp Gang mist from the Color add-on as well as some sponging with white gesso. My fear was that molding paste might cause the packaging outer layer to separate from the cardboard. As a second paper layer I used the back of the Cut Outs sheet (blue) to add some contrast. 

Because I had a second sheet of the same, I fussy cut some elements to tuck here and there. Along with that, I used the 49 and Market 3D embellishments found in the Elements add-on. Of course, the Blue Fern Studios Picket Fence chipboard (Main Kit) was a perfect accompaniment as were a few florals from the Floral add-on. The sweet sunflower embellishments are popped out from the Papermania Country Life Decoupage sheets. Using the cute mini clothespin and the Craft Consortium linen ribbon was a given! These last three are all Main Kit items. 

Here are some fun close-ups for you! 









And lastly here is a close-up of the Main Kit: 


I hope you'll visit the Scraps of Darkness Store because there are some amazing products there and also information on signing up for the Kit Club! 

Thanks for coming and hope to see you soon! 
Sandi



3 comments:

  1. Oh Sandi, what an adorable layout! Must be VERY hard to have grandchildren living in such a far destination! WOW! You really did a wonderful job with this layout! I love all of the nice details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout, love the details.. and love the bow too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete