Monday, October 16, 2017

Busy as a Bee ~ Scraps of Elegance September Kit

Hello, everyone! 

Sandi here with you today sharing an Autumn inspired, masculine layout created with the Scraps of Elegance September Kit "Falling Leaves." 


This layout features sweet grandson Joseph at the petting zoo. It was in my "to scrap" pile and I thought it would be perfect for these bright orange tones. I love a good pop of orange although I tend to do more peach or coral. But this looks amazing on autumn-themed paper! And paired with golds and brown ... yummy, so perfect! 

I went simple in design this time and only did a small amount of gesso splattering ... otherwise clean and simple on this one. I've paired Blue Fern Studios Amber and Apricot "Flora" and "Chapters" to complete my layers along with some of the co-ordinating chipboard pieces. I've also added the Blue Fern Studios Pretty Pumpkins chipboard which is found in the Chipboard add-on. 


I doubled my floral add-on this month because I wanted to have plenty, plenty .. well, a surplus actually, lol. They look so beautiful used here with my sweet boy! And there is one of the Pretty Pumpkins peeking out there which was altered using the Brusho in Sandstone from the Color add-on. 


My photo layers (and the florals) were from Prima's Amber Moon collection which pairs so nicely with the Blue Fern Studios products. 


A few pieces of the co-ordinating chipboard goes a long way in creating a co-hesive page. You may recall that the amber stones by Prima were found in the Elements add-on Kit. And ... I love the silk leaves from the Main Kit ... so perfect for layering. 


In reality, I am not quite ready for Fall just because it so quickly fades to Winter around here. And I am not a fan of Winter at all. But I have to admit I love looking at Fall colors and Fall decor. 


This Busy as a Bee chipboard fits Joseph to a T. He's a busy boy! 

That's it from me today. Here's a photo of the Kit and a LINK to the online store, so you can check out what's available! 


Thanks for coming by! 


Sandi


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous.. I love all the golden colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that sweet photo and all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautifully designed - the flowers tucked under the layers exploding into an arrangement, the large leaf under the photo, how you used the printed chipboard and especially the pumpkin & flowers in the corner! Beautiful work for such an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete