Friday, March 9, 2018

Lucy's Hope ~ International Scrapbook Garden

Hello, everyone! 
Sandi here today sharing another project created with the January Kisses and Snowflakes Kit from the International Scrapbook Garden. Along with all the fabulous add-on kits. 
This time it's a Lucy page! 




My photo is a publicity photo of Lucille Ball from her early movie making days.  I love these more glamorous photos of Lucy because they show a different side of her from what people usually associate with her. 

My base layer is 13 Arts Dream paper. It's so beautiful but was hard for me to capture with our rainy days here in Texas. I primed with clear gesso and then sprayed and dripped a generous amount of the Shimmerz Grape in the center. My photo collage got larger than I expected and covered most of it. Story of my life! So, I added more. For texture I've used the Prima stencil and the Lilac Nuvo mousse. To increase the depth, I did some random stamping as well. 



The 7 Dots tags were used as layers along with some of Prima Zelle Teal ephemera and cheesecloth. Next I began layering my other loose embellishments.



The wood veneer snowflakes add a wintry feel.



All the flowers in the Kit and add-on co-ordinate in such a great way with all the papers.



"Hope" ephemera for my title. And a heart from the Main Kit because don't we all "love" Lucy?
 :)



An example of the purple Prills added as another layer.



Lastly, I did some paint splattering with the Shimmerz and with white paint.

Here is a list of supplies used:

13 Arts Dream paper
7 Dots Northern Light Tags
7 Dots Northern Lights Die Cut Elements
Inkadinkado Clear Stamp Snowflakes Aplenty
Dovecraft Perfectly Pink Adhesive Gems
Shimmerz Grape Escape Vibez
Prima Stencil #585020
Nuvo Embellsihment Mousse, Lilac
Prima Color Philosophy Poison Love
Scrapberry Create Wonder Flair
Plum Crazy Prills
Aleene's Glitter Snow
Prima Flowers #597153
Petaloo Mixed Blooms
Petaloo Burlap Blossoms, Fuchsia
Wood Veneer Snowflakes
Prima Blossom Red Chalk Edger
Prima Zella Teal Ephemera
Ribbon from my stash

That's about it for me today. 
Hurry on over to the Kit Store to get your goodies or to reserve your Kit! 

See you soon! 






2 comments: