Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Bloom Where You Are Planted ~ International Scrapbook Garden

Hello, everyone! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my latest creation with the "A Rustic Spring" Garden Kit from The International Scrapbook Garden. 



This time around my project is looking a bit more Easter-y in color. While I love everything Easter, I tend to shy away from the normal spring pastels or even the Mardi Grad colors that you see here in this layout. Jewel tones are hard for me sometimes. 
The photo from last Easter is of my granddaughter MollyGrace, who has a rare disorder, with only a 100 or so cases reported in the medical literature. She has made great progress since coming here from China and we are blessed with her sweet, funny spirit.

For my base, I've chosen the 49 and Market Tattered Flourish paper and prepared it with clear gesso, then added crackle paste both applied with a palette knife as well as through the stencil from the kit. Then I added some random stamping with the KaiserCraft stamp.



For photo layers I used the BoBunny Cottontail Hippity Hop paper which has the cutest Spring-themed notecards., including cute bunnies that you can't see, hahah! To lift my photo, I've used cardboard from the mailing box then tucked in some of the 49 and Market Bluebell blooms.



While that crackle paste was drying, I got busy altering my chipboard pieces. The large title piece was prepped with gesso, then colorized with distress ink and finally altered with Blue Fern Studios Fern embossing powder. For sparkle, I added one of the Finnabair glitters in a matching shade of green. Love the little shaker bottles these come in .. finally an easy way to use glitter!



The white frame was primed with gesso, then embossed with Blue Fern's Snow Embossing powder and completed with more of the Finnabair glitter in purple. Of course as I added my final touches to the layout, I dabbled some on the frame for a nice blended feeling. 



I was sure to include some of the resin pieces from Prima, the little bunny and the little chick. From there it was fun tucking in my florals and pearls. For further dimension, I added art stones from my stash and adorned them further with the Finnabair microbeads.



For final blending I again used the Finnabair Sunny Yellow Mica Powder, then splattered the Kaisercraft Blackberry mist as well as white stain from my stash. 

To complete the project, I've used bits and pieces from almost all the Bonus Kits as well as the Main Kit. Everything mixes and matches so seamlessly .. scrapbook heaven! Here a photo of the Main Kit:



I hope you'll visit the online STORE at The International Scrapbook Garden and pick up a kit or two. I'm loving all of it for sure! 

XO
Sandi



Products used:

49 and Market Tattered Flourish
49 and Market Blossom Blends, Bluebell
BoBunny Cottontail Hippity Hop
Prima Sandra Everston flowers #942762
49 and Market chipboard Happy Moments, butterflies
Creative Embellishments Easter titles
Creative Embellishments Leafy Vine Frame 
Creative Embellishments Bloom Where You Are Plated
Prima Shabby Chic resin Chicks
49 and Market Yellow Blooms
Prima Shabby Chic treasures # 892012
Prima SII Pearls, Cream
TCW Stencil, Mini Floral Flourish
Finnabair Mica Powder, Sunny Yellow
Finnabair Microbeads, Grass
Blue Fern Studios Forest Embossing Powder
KaiserCraft Paper Blooms, Amethyst
KaiserCraft Romantique Clear Stamp
KaiserCraft Blackberry Mist
Finnabair Glitter, Mardi Gras 
Prima chalk edger, Blossom

from my stash:
Tim Holtz Picket Fence Spray Stain
Blue Fern Studios Snow Embossing Powder
Crackle paste
Finnabair Art Stones
White Gesso
Prima doily die

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Loving that sweet photo of MollyGrace, and LOVING the colors and the layers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout Sandi, so many fantastic details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful your page!! Love your beautiful layering behind the photo !! well done !! Have a nice day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete