Thursday, July 19, 2018

"Adventure" ~ Shimmerz Paints Design Team

Hello, Shimmerz Paints fans!

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a fun mixed media background.
  It's really hot in my part of the world, so I'm staying indoors and taking the opportunity to scrap.



And because it's hot, what's better than scrapping a photo of my sweet grand girl eating an ice cream cone?
I began with lots of paper layers, then building a background of gesso, texture paste, stamping  and finally my Shimmerz Paints.


I used a transfer technique as well as paint splatters to apply the Razzel Dazzel Berry VibezDeep Blue Sea Vibez and Snow Storm Vibez.


Interspersed are some splatters and transfers of the Mama Sings the Blue Coloringz. I've gotten a little messier than usual with my background (considering the printed background paper), so I've tried to tone things down with some dabs of white gesso as well as the Snow Storm Vibez. Here is a good close-up of the Distressed Chicken Wire Stamp from Creative Embellishments.


More texture, paint and flower fun!



That's it from my today!
See you next time with my favorite project ever!
Don't forget to use my name with your order for a free product surprise!


Shimmerz Products Used:
Razzel Dazzel Berry Vibez
Snow Storm Vibez
Deep Blue Sea Vibez
Mama Sings the Blues Coloringz

2 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING! LOVING the colors, the layers and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful.. love the back ground details.. and at least the paint should dry quickly in the heat!! stay cool..

    ReplyDelete