Sunday, July 1, 2018

Believe ~ Creative Embellishments July Challenge



Hello, everyone!
Thanks for coming by!

Today I have the pleasure of sharing my Design Team project for Creative Embellishments July Challenge.  Suffice it to say that I am beyond thrilled to be a part of this team once again! I've waited a long time to be back HOME!


"Believe"

The inspiration photo for this months challenge is at the end of this post .. and it's a winner in my book! The patriotic colors were perfect for a photo I wanted to get scrapped for my granddaughter. She recently graduated and we have a nice, new batch of photos of her! She's normally a behind the scenes kind of gal!
The "twist" on the challenge this month  is color blocking .. which I interpreted very loosely.



Here is a normal view of the layout which looked very different from the actual page, so I rotated it slightly in my primary photo. The sketch of the layout was based on a layout done by Yvette Weber.



So by now you are probably spying some of awesome chipboard pieces which were all treated with gesso and then embossed with a red/orange embossing powder. This formed a co-hesive look. They have  a sort of gold glow to them. My primary frame for the photo is the Stars in my Universe Frame which I have loved since its first appearance in the store! It seemed perfect to celebrate my grad gal. Then I paired this with some of Star Pieces. I recently got some new Santorini flowers from Prima and they look divine with this color scheme. The red are older Petaloo. A perfect red flower is hard to come by and these fit the bill perfectly.



I used a couple of the Vintage Patriotic Flair buttons around the photo. I think the Flairs are the best kept secret at CE!



Just another view of the chipboard and floral cluster with another flair.



And here is the striped flair.



A close-up of the Believe title from the Inspire Word Set.



Now you can peek at some of the mixed media work done using the Distressed Circle Stencil and super heavy gesso. I've also done lots of random stamping with my all-time favorite Circle Bokeh Stamp. It's my go-to stamp!



Couldn't resist showing another shot of this Vintage Patriotic Flair.
My granddaughter's graduation was at Dallas Baptist University and it was both reverent and very patriotic, so this theme is perfect!



More of the mixed media and chipboard work.



And a couple of last dimensional shots.



I thought my upward flourish kind of went along with the inspo photo!

Here is the inspirational photo for July. You will find all the rules over at Creative Embellishments

CE Products used:
Inspire Word Set
Circle Bokeh Stamp
Distressed Circle Stencil
Vintage Patriotic Flair

Thanks again for coming by!
As always I appreciate your visit.
Can't wait to see how you interpret the challenge!

Sandi



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so beautiful.. love the colors and fabulous back ground textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the stars, the colors and how you framed the photo with the chipboard and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete