Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Journey ... Creative Embellishments August challenge layout!

August already? 
Today I'm sharing my Design Team take on the August Challenge at  Creative Embellishments.



When I saw the Challenge photo, I was reminded of a dear friend's trip to Wales last year. She was excited that she captured a group of raindrops on the stairs in her photo. Because I'm giving her this layout as a birthday gift, I've used the Large Clock Face 6 inch (heat embossed) to symbolize time .. and just had to accompany that with the gorgeous Clock Hands which were stained with walnut stain. To add something wispy to my flower cluster, I used Flourish 17 which was embossed the same as the Clock Face. 
Here are my close-ups:


The Large Clock Face 6 inch was heat embossed with a light blue embossing powder and then dabbed with white gesso near the end. It was used as one of my photo layers and is so perfect with my birthday theme. 



Again, the Clock Hands were stained with a walnut ink and then dabbed with gesso. I've also embellished with some Prima art stones and sprayed them green to coordinate with the photo.
Here you can also see one of my reflective sequins.




My background work includes lots of stamping, mostly using my very favorite Circle Bokeh Stamp

Here is the challenge photo:



I hope that you will play along at a chance for the prize .... but also just to have a little creative fun! 

Thanks for coming by today!
I so appreciate every comment.

Sandi

3 comments: