Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Sweet Pea ~ Creative Embellishments ~



Hello, scrappy friends!
Happy October!

I'm posting today  to share my newest project for Creative Embellishments featuring sweet little granddaughter Clara. Named after my maternal grandmother, she has the funniest, quirky little personality that we just love.

I'm showcasing a few of Nicolle's newest chipboard pieces: Distressed Circle Border,  Distressed Punchinella and the Sweet Pea title piece. Along with those I've added some old favorites: Infinite Circle Frame and the Fishnet Stamp.

The Distressed Circle Border is about 10 inches long and I've used it vertically here and as my base photo layering piece. I used a distress paint technique so that part of the brown chippy shows through. ... And also to differentiate it from the Distressed Punchinella piece (about 7 inches) which I painted completely white and placed on top of the Infinite Circle Frame.  My thought was that something simple like this would not compete with the newer pieces I wanted to highlight.

I love using border and collage-type pieces as photo layering elements! It adds just the right amount of interest and texture.



Here's a closer look at those new chipboard pieces as well as some of the stamp work done with the Fishnet Stamp. You can see the sweet florals, texture, gems and art stones that were added as well. I thought a little paper tearing would be just the right amount interest for this layout. Always a favorite technique of mine.




I added more florals to complement the little sweetie smelling her posey, And as a juxtaposition of her personality, lol! Nicolle has lots of great stamps in the store that are so perfect for adding dimension. The Fishnet Stamp is one of my faves!



Here is the new title piece which I simply painted white to blend with the other items and add softness to he page. A few art stones and a floral were added.




As a finishing touch, a few gems were placed randomly around the focal photo.

We are just a few days into the October Challenge, so we hope that you will find time to play along!

Thanks for coming by!
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used:

Chipboard:
Distressed Punchinella

Stamp:


3 comments:

  1. another beautiful layout with a sweet photo of your granddaughter Clara..I love your paper layering !! Have a beautiful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING that adorable photos and the fabulous layers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete