Monday, October 1, 2018

Time for a new Challenge over at Creative Embellishments!

On the Creative Embellishments blog today:

Happy October!!! It's already time for another monthly challenge at Creative Embellishments! This year has flown by. October is one of my favorite months......because of halloween of course.. ;) For the challenge..... please be inspired by at least one element and let us now how you were inspired by it. The twist is to use multiple images/ photos on your project. Please read  the challenge guidelines below.

 

Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of October 1st, 2018. *It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog page. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no old projects. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please share only new projects. *Please add your entry to the inlinkz tool below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter. *Simply add a link to your  FB photo (if you do not have a blog) featuring your challenge entry. Let us know how you were inspired by the photo. *Combining with other challenges is permitted. * We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along. *WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.

Now onto our amazing DT reveal!
     
Marci Bensing
Hello!  This is Marci joining you for another monthly challenge! My favorite holiday is HALLOWEEN-who am I kidding?-I LOVE THE CANDY!  I also love seeing the little ones in costumes! Here I helped my 2 grandsons and my niece make Halloween Monster Treats last year.  The Creative Embellishments Products I used are: Mesh panel:  I cut and covered the panel w/Tim Holtz picket fence distress paint, let it dry and then dabbed it with the paint again.  Bootiful Title:  I used Sharpies to color the title black, blue and the white is again, the white distress paint used on the panel.  Then I added Googlie Eyes like the treats we made that day for a little fun on the page! Sure hope you can join in this month!


Another month at Creative Embellishments and the challenge this month was actually more difficult for me. The inspirational photo was awesome but the twist to have multiple photos.
Well, my kids never take good halloween photos. They are always running on to the next house. In the halloween parade or some action shot that turns out all blurry and off centred. So I decided to do a little something different, I actually stole photos off Pinterest, for the first time ever.
October ATC's CE

I started with some base work with the cards with the Distress Harlequin  Stamp and the Distress Chevron Stamp, I used some deep colours.I Used the Halloween stencil and a thick embossing paste to add some spider web background. So fun! I used a couple festive boarder chipboard the tombstone and pumpkin. I used some black chalk paint and then added some subtle colour to them.
Here is a video of how fun and easy some simple background work can pull together a fun festive set of ATC's.


 

For this month's Creative Embellishments challenge, I was inspired to create this Halloween layout and I used two adorable Nathan pictures for the twist.  My title is from the Happy Halloween Word Set, and I added vines from the Pumpkin Vine Flourish set to the adorable pumpkin Doodle Pops.  I used green Spritz ink and finished off the pieces with glossy accents.


The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack and Sally Halloween Scrapbook Layout I absolutely love Halloween! I had a lot of fun creating this layout that features my brother and niece dressed up as Jack and Sally from the Tim Burton movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was inspired by the birds, bats, text, and overall creepy feel of the inspiration image this month. I included black and white, but I also had to use color. I stamped the striped patterned paper with the Distressed Circle Stamp and the Distressed Text Stamp. Next, I added the Haunted House 2 and two small bats from the Halloween Scene 2 to the top of the page. Then, I used Tattered Angels Black Magic Glimmer Mist to color these chipboard pieces. The gold shimmer is fantastic! I used words from the Halloween Hashtags set for the title, which I colored with Tattered Angels Pomegranate Glimmer Mist. I'd love to have you stop by my blog for more details and closeup photos of this layout.


 

 Hi everyone and Happy Halloween month!! …For this months challenge I created one of the Large Tags. For the two photo twist….I just printed the photo twice and fussy cut the crow and used pop up to adhere him to t he bottom photo. My other chippys used are: Halloween Cats and one of the Mint Box Flourish Frames, and to finish it off I tucked in a flair from the Boo Flair Set. Have fun playing along and I cant wait to see what you make!!!!!!!!


Hello and welcome to October.   Jennifer Snyder here with some spooky 'ol fun featuring Creative Embellishments Halloween and Steampunk designs.
My cards incorporate Steampunk SkullsTrick or Treaters ,Mini Gears 3/4in with simple treatments.
The Trick or treaters are painted with acrylic silhouette style.  The Steampunk Skull is painted black, then coated with crackle gel and accented with gears and gems.


See the Creative Embellishments blog for further details. !! We will now be picking 2 winners each month!!  One will win a $50.00 gift voucher and the other will win a $25.00 gift voucher to our store!!
GIFTCARD-50

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing challenge and dt member inspiration....I love Halloween too!! Maybe I will create a project....xoxo

    ReplyDelete