Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Lucy ~ Do The Things You Think You Cannot Do ~ with Sandi

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my latest layout for Creative Embellishments


This layout featuring a vintage photo of Lucille Ball perched on a suitcase has been occupying my head space for wayyyy too long! I'm so glad that I finally got around to creating it. 

I wanted to stay true to the vintage/travel theme, so chose some vintage colors and chipboard pieces that I thought conveyed "travel or going on a journey." 




My background was created with super heavy gesso pushed through the CE Distressed Patterns Stencil and then randomly stamped using the CE Distressed Chicken Wire Stamp and the Distressed Text Stamp. For color, I've used the Shimmerz products listed below.




My chipboard pieces were all altered with black paint and then topped with the Shimmerz Hot Vibez which gives the pieces a coppery hue. My main photo cluster resides beside the Stamp Corner piece and above the Do The Things Quote title piece. For interest, I've added the Round Distressed Stamps off to the side and the wee little Paper Clips attached to the photo. Love the Paper clip pieces!




I finished by adding my florals and with addition highlights of color.




One last dimensional view~

Don't forget that our November challenge ends on the 30th this month.
Hope you found time to play along!

Thanks for coming by!
See you next time.
Sandi


Creative Embellishments Products used:
Chipboard:
Stamps:
Stencil:


Shimmerz:


3 comments: