Thursday, December 27, 2018

"Sparkly Christmas Love" ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Wow, it's nearly the end of 2018. I can hardly believe it! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my last Creative Embellishments project for this year but I'll be back on January 1st with my first challenge project for the new year!

As many of you know, I have lots of grandchildren .. so plenty of photos to scrap and then give away! That's my storage solution: I let them worry with where to store them. Anyway, two of my older granddaughters started asking for layouts for their birthday and Christmas gifts. 
It's always so fun to see their reaction when they open them. Of course, I have to snap a photo of their sweet smiles. I was due to create one for this sweet gal and ironically, the photo I chose is of my first DT project for this particular term here at Creative Embellishments. She loved that one and I hope she likes this one as well! 

So, on to the project! 


I had just received some new Christmas papers and embellishments in one of my Kits and wanted to use them. After choosing those design items, I turned to my Creative Embellishments products to see what I wanted to use this time. 

Foremost, I wanted to finally use the Ribbon Garland that I've been hoarding for a few YEARS! Yes, really. As usual, the piece was several colors before all was said and done. Finally, I settled on the green and added some pearl drops and hard rock crackle. The garland drops down on both sides of the photo but the right is buried in florals. 



I adore all the Creative Embellishment frames but this Time Flies Frame Set is a true fave. And one that I actually always remember the name of without looking.  For my purposes here, I left it bare to look as if my "package" were wrapped in khaki paper. I had to fiddle with it a bit to line it up with my garland and photo but got it done!



This Family Banners chipboard piece is aMAziNg! I simply sprayed it with walnut ink and it was ready when dry.




Just another close-up of the Time Flies Frame Set. Adore these! 




Creative Embellishments makes the BEST stamps! Here are a couple of them in action: Distressed Text Stamp and Distressed Chevron Stamp.




And a final dimensional view.

Thanks so much for coming by today!
See you again in a few days!
Have a Happy and Safe New Years!

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:
Stamps:

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors, all the Christmas goodies and the way you framed the photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete