Wednesday, January 23, 2019

By the Fire ~ Altered Control Board for Shimmerz Paints!

Hey, hey, Shimmerz Paints fans! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my latest project .. an altered furnace control board! 

The back story here is that our heat went out late Christmas Eve and was not restored until January 2nd! It was a very long, miserable week to say the least. So, when the repairmen handed me this burned out control board, I knew I had to alter it and memorialize that we survived! Thank goodness for electricity and that Lowe's had plenty of space heaters. 



The second back story is that when I get a new shipment of product from Shimmerz, I always open it as soon as I possibly can and sit down and spray (or brush) them all out on the "nearest to me" sheet of white paper! Maybe even a paper towel. So, I wanted my project to sort of replicate that habit. Since rainbow patterns are popular in crafting, I went with that! 



My first step was to paint the control board white using some glass bead texture paste. Once that was dry, I began to spray from left to right.  My colors used were the following:




To amp up that glorious texture created by the object itself, I added some like-colored glass beads here and there.
Then I added my flower and mechanical light bulb.



Here's another angle of what and my hubby and I are calling our little city! Haha!



My title is from 7 Dots and is sort of another tongue in cheek gimmick!
Yes, I am trying to make the best of our adventure.
It could have been soooo much worse!



Here you can see the netting I added under the florals.
The chicken wire is solely for photographing.



Trying to show you a close-up of the beads.



One last photo and I guess I'm done!
I hope you are inspired. 

This was one of those fun, cathartic projects.
Just aim and spray to your hearts content!
Loving my Shimmerz Paints!

Remember if you place an order, use the code SANDI for a free paint.




Products used:
Coloringz Scarletts Fever

1 comment: