Friday, April 26, 2019

Memorydex! cards with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi  here with you today sharing my newest scrappy project ... a set of memorydex cards featuring several of my sweet grandkids. 

I was first introduced to Memorydex cards last year when former CE team mate Marci Bensing posted some on the Creative Embellishments Blog

Now I think maybe I'm hooked on this great way to scrap the grandkids but on a smaller footprint.  And I'll be able to "spin" through the photos when I have a spare moment. 


Here's a quick peek at the three I created for today's project with photos I had already printed out. Aren't they adorable? The trick is finding embellishments small enough to fit the cards and still allow some room on the sides so that they will still move on the Memorydex or whatever base you are using. 



This photo is my sweet grandson Chris, taken the day he got his first pair of glasses. I had ordered the  
Geek Chic Glasses wood veneer set especially for this photo ... and was so happy to finally use them! On top of my base paper layer I added a naked tag from the Love Tags set. I did swipe the edges of it with some distress ink. For a photo frame I used one of the Music Artist Trading Coins and let it bare as well. For more interest and texture, I completed this card with some ribbon and a couple of small flowers.

Love Tags
Music Artist Trading Coins
Geek Chic Glasses



These three sweeties take the cutest pictures! Since they live in Ecuador in the rainforest, I decided to use some older tropical paper from Graphic 45. Once again I used a AT coin as a photo frame, this time one from the Sea Artist Trading Coins set. Next I added the title arrow which is from the Love Arrow Set. It was altered with walnut ink. For balance, I added a CE Flair, using one from the Under the Sea Flair set. For a bit of texture, I added some ribbon behind my photo.

Love Arrow Set
Sea Artist Trading Coins
Under the Sea Flair



Staying with my tropical theme, I used 2 coins from the Sea Artist Trading Coins set. They were both altered with chalk inks. As a photo layer, I used a bit of the fishnet panel from Fishnet Panel 2. This piece was also altered with Walnut Ink and glistened with a bit of white gesso. A flower and a ribbon completed the card.

Sea Artist Trading Coins
Fishnet Panel 2

That's it from me today!
Nicolle has just added some new leaf sets to the store .. always happens after I place my order, haha! These are amazing!
You need to go check them out HERE.

See you next time.



Creative Embellishments products used: 
Love Tags
Music Artist Trading Coins
Geek Chic Glasses
Love Arrow Set
Sea Artist Trading Coins
Under the Sea Flair
Fishnet Panel 2

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS! I am loving the way you framed the photos!

    ReplyDelete