Friday, April 12, 2019

Sweet Baby Cards for Creative Embellishments!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
 Sandi  here today sharing a couple of baby cards that I created using slightly non-tradtional colors. 
I was wanting to have another "play" with my CE Artist Trading Coins because they are so perfect for card making. And just because I love them so, so much! 


First I chose the Baby Artist Trading Coins from my CE ATC stash and also grabbed a couple of the solid Artist Trading Coins for where I did an additional paper layer underneath. In both instances, this was the coin on the right. I also picked out a couple of phrases from the Small Sentiment Words set. Before altering my chipboard, I chose some papers from my 13 Arts AMOUR Paper pad A4 knowing that I wanted to do both a baby girl card and a baby boy one. 



Here is the baby boy card using a couple of the CE Baby Artist Trading Coins and one of the solid CE Artist Trading Coins for the coin on the right. I altered all the chipboard using a walnut ink. .. my fave alteration. While that was drying, I assembled my paper layers and then did some stamping using the CE Distressed Moroccan Stamp which is fast becoming a new fave! It gives a classy bit of texture and depth. Then I moved on to adding my coins and sentiment. 


Next I worked on my florals and added some sisal underneath them for more texture. Thinking that the chipboard looked a little plain, I added some Cinammon Stickles with my finger. While I'm not a big Stickles fan, this did brighten up the card. 



I tried to get a good close-up on the sweet coins but it was difficult. The coin on the right has some alphabet blocks that spell out BABY. It's much easier to see in real life. The same was true of the coin on the left which spells baby but has a cute little diaper at the top. 

Here is what they look like:


Lastly,  I used some gesso for blending. 

***

And here is the baby girl card using the Baby Artist Trading Coins, the Artist Trading Coins and the stamps mentioned below. 


I had planned to use some baby pink flowers on this one but alas, the paper dictated some brighter florals. So, while this isn't your normal baby colors, I do like it! I suppose you could also use it as a birthday or a congrats card for some achievement. 

My process on this card was the same as the one above except that the chipboard was altered with some 13 Arts metallic paint. Additionally, I used both the Distressed Moroccan Stamp as well as the Distressed Crackle Stamp for this one. 



Aren't those little feet just adorable? 



And here the coin on the left is a sweet moon and stars ...  so perfect for babies. 

That's it for me today. 
I love building my card stash and of course using my Creative Embellishments products. 
There is lots of inspiration over on the BLOG.
 You will also find the April Challenge there .. still plenty of time to play along! 

See you next time! 


Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:
Stamps:


13 Arts products used:



2 comments: