Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Ballet Album ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a fun ballet slipper mini album that I created with awesome products from the CE store. 


First up, is the Ballet slipper mini album itself which is approximately 4.5"w x 6.7"h and is 6 laser cut pieces of chipboard for $3.99 regular retail price ... cheaper when there's a sale! I've been eyeing this set for awhile and finally took the plunge! 

To cover all the album chipboard pieces, I've used 13 Arts Rose Fields paper collection and 13 Arts gel medium.



This is simply the inside of the front cover and I opted to apply paper only with no embellishments, so that what was underneath would show through.  I might add an inscription when I gift this. 



This is my little cutie pie daughter in her favorite ballet costume of all time. To frame the photo, I've used the Doily Frame which was stained with walnut ink. A photo mat and flower were all that was added as the paper itself is so gorgeous! 



The next two pages hold photos of the same ballet costume with and without the umbrella open, so I've used them along side each other. On this left side, I added a photo mat, a die cut doily, a flower and a 13 Arts word sticker. 



For this right side, I actually stained the chipboard Mint box Flourish Frame set 2  and then embossed it with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder.  When I use this color, I usually only partially heat the powder until I get a little of the shine versus really shiny. Makes a nice chunky finish that way. 



This was actually a photo from my sweetie's very first ballet recital and will be swapped out with photo number one before I give this to her.   I added a photo mat and one of the frames from the Time Flies frame set. As was all the chipboard, it was stained with walnut. 



Here I used one of the Film Strip Picture frame set frames and embellished with a flower and word sticker. 



Since I was trying to not over-embellish with 3 dimensional pieces, I merely used another doily and a couple of flowers. This photo seemed to call for height though and I did end up adding some cardboard beneath it. 



We're almost done! 
This is the last photo and one that our whole family loves. When printed in full mode, you can see my daughters profile superimposed with the floor positioned photo. I framed this one with the Heart Frame set and added some florals and a word sticker. 



This is the back of the album and I wanted to leave this surface flat. So, it was papered and then I did ink the bottom side of the chipboard heart frame that sticks out on the left and added an offset flower to cover some glue. 

I didn't add any pockets or flaps due to personal preference but you certainly could! I've created an entire 12x12 dance album for my daughter previously, so this was just more for fun! 

I hope you are inspired to check out all the Mini Albums in the CE store. 
See you next time! 


Creative Embellishments products used:

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the shape of it and loving those sweet photos!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete