Thursday, May 23, 2019

Foil with 13 Arts ~ Butterfly Swarm

Hello, everyone! 
I'm back today sharing my group project for 13 Arts. Our focus this month is on their transparent FOIL products.  You can find many of them right HERE. Most of the paper collections have at least one foil transparency in the product line. 


I don't recall ever doing a butterfly swarm project, so that's what I decided to do this go-around. Predictable but fun! 

My base paper is Something Blue from Vintage Summer, side B. It was covered with clear gesso. Then I did a bit of stamping with the Vintage Bouquet Stamp.  For some texture, I colored my modeling paste with Rainbow Color Duo Turquoise and pushed it through the Dandelions Stencil. I also used that color at the end for painting around my photo cluster and for splattering. 



I spent lots of time fussy cutting butterflies from Transparent Foil :Butterfly Garden" and the Wings of Freedom from His and Hers Remastered and then layered the foil on top of the paper replica. For some butterflies. I only used paper because I have already used the matching foil butterfly on other projects.




Just a close-up to show you the dimension of the layered butterflies.



There is one large butterfly cut from the Wings of Freedom from His and Hers Remastered paper that I used as a photo layer. I also fussy cut some flowers from Vintage Summer A4, Vintage Flowers and some tickets from Vintage Moments A4 paper elements. These were added to the cluster as well as some old lace from my stash.

For a title, I chose the word Beautiful from the Chipboard Set Blue Magnolia and left it bare. Then I added some of the gorgeous LUX black crystals 60 pieces. A final splattering with 13 Arts SPLASH White Ayeeda Ink and I was done.

Here are the products used:
Clear Gesso


Thanks for coming by! 
I so appreciate every visit and every comment! 

See you next time! 


1 comment: