Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May Challenge ~. Creative Embellishments!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Yay, it's time for the May Challenge over on the Creative Embellishments blog


This month I was inspired by the "gem" in the image photo as well as the color purple. Sadly, my precious sister-in-law passed away in March.  (Purple was her favorite color.)  She was absolutely the sweetest lady I've ever known.  Susanna had a heart of  gold as well as a passion for her family. She and I did life together albeit long distance ... raising babies, both making a home for our respective families and of course, crafting together. It was Susanna that got me started in scrapbooking, so I had to make a special tribute page in her honor. 



I began my page by creating the background using clear gesso, modeling paste, water inks, the Falling heart stencil and the Distressed moroccan stamp. My paper and medium are all 13 Arts. Then I added paper layers, my chipboard and some florals.



Here is another angle of the left side showing more of the stencil work and stamping as well as a shot of the gorgeous Dripping heart lace border which was altered with walnut stain and dabbed with white gesso at the end. 



I used the Large clock face 4 inch as a photo layer along with some torn papers from the 13 Arts paper collection. The twist this month is to add something with wings. For me, time flies, so it surely has wings. But for the purists out there, I added a butterfly. 



For texture, I've added some sisal and some 3D art stones along with my florals. 



The Heart of gold title piece was perfect for this layout. It was altered with 13 Arts paint and dabbed with white gesso. I added one gold flat backed gem to the heart.

Here is the May Challenge image:
It is not a color challenge but I did happen to use those colors.


Thanks for coming by today!
We hope that you can find time to play along!

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

** Paper and medium are 13 Arts **

2 comments: