Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Loaded tag ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my latest Large Tags, 10 inch for the blog. I've called it a Loaded Tag because it's full of tiny details.  The photo in the center was taken by my friend Susan Howell on one of her trips to Ireland. I have several that she has given me to use.



Firstly, I covered my large tag with papers from 13 Arts new Summer Rhapsody collection and layered them. Next I did some stamping with the Circle Bokeh Stamp and then some stenciling with the Distressed Patterns Stencil and heavy gesso. When that was dry, I dabbed with some 13 Arts Chalk mist.

After experimenting with placement, I added the Window Shutters as layering pieces .. one at the top and another at the bottom. They were sprayed with walnut ink and dabbed with some 13 Arts paints. Once those were in place, I added a note card from the paper collection and placed one of the doily frames from the Doily Frame Set 1 to serve as a frame for my photo.  It was treated the same as the the shutters.



After adhering my photo, I carefully placed my Heart Dangle 2 on the right side of the photo. A few months ago, I created a project for another DT and created a second dangle as I was working. I've been keeping this second one for just the right project. To see how I've altered it, please visit my blogpost HERE.



Once the Heart Dangle was in place, I simply began adding my florals, ephemera and other embellishments until I was satisfied. As always, I ending up covering much of my stamping and stenciling but that seems to be how I create best!

Below are some more close-ups for you:



(aw, a little of the stamping and stenciling)





Thanks so much for coming by the blog today!
I so appreciate your support.

There are lots of great new designs in the store, so I hope you are enjoying the retail therapy as much as I am!

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used:

Chipboard:
Stamps:
Stencil:

Papers and mediums are 13 Arts 

2 comments: