Saturday, July 20, 2019

"Lucy" Canvas with 13 Arts (new product)

Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Today we have a group post over at the 13 Arts Blog featuring the new product collections. 
I was in the mood to create a canvas and used a publicity photo of Lucille Ball from 1935. A good photo always gets me creative .. as well as new supplies! 

My Design Team box from 13 Arts was loaded again this time with all 4 new collections and the co-ordinating stencils, foil, ephemera and chipboard as well as some extra supplies I needed. 


I wanted to have a crackle effect on my canvas so I've added Magic Powder to my gesso. After 24 hours it was ready to go. I also stenciled on top of that but because my surface was bumpy, it looked slightly different. 

I did some random stamping as well before I applied my paints. 


I had already decided to use the Under the Stars collection along with the In Bloom collection and coordinated my paint/mist to work with those colors. My colors are all listed below. Once that was dry, I was able to add my photo layers and embellishments. At the last minute I decided to add some foil transparency to fill a blank area and am so pleased with how it turned out. 


I am loving all the ephemera packs that we received this time as I am not a big fussy cutting fan. These are all so beautiful including the florals, butterflies and bumble bees

Here are some more close-ups for you: 







Thank you for coming by today. 
I hope you will visit the 13 Arts Blog for more inspiration. 
All my products used are listed below. 



13 Arts Products used: 
Under the Stars 6x6 paper pad
Under the Stars Elements A4
Under the Stars Ephemera pack
In Bloom Ephemera pack
Transparent foil CONSTELLATION
Horoscope Stencil
Star Alliance Stamp
Stardust Stamp
Golden adhesive Stars
White Gesso

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You always do Lucy justice, but this one I would have to say is among the top 5 in my opinion! BEAUTIFUL! Love all of the embellishments, especially the ephemera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! LOVING the colors and the textures!

    ReplyDelete