Thursday, August 1, 2019

I'm so Excited! ~ Creative Embellishments August Challenge!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
It's August 1st already, whew, and time for another great Challenge. 

 I had the privilege of designing this month's mood board/inspiration photo and just knew that I would opt for purple! Haha! Instead, I was inspired by the archways as well as the well-styled braid in one of the photos. 

Here is the August mood board: 


And here is my interpretation:


One of my daughters is a hairdresser and recently shared some wedding up-do photos that I wanted to use. I've created on a Large Tag and played with my 13 Arts Rust effects on the arched doors and generally had a little fun.  The "twist" is to add  flowers but I only added a few since I had a plethora of butterflies. All of my papers and medium are 13 Arts. My paper are the new Grungy Walls and I've used the ephemera pack which is full of luscious butterflies. 



I used my 13 Arts Rust Effects on the Arched Doors Set 2. Everything else was painted with 13 Arts paints. My Large Tag, 10. inch was covered with one of the Grungy Walls papers and I used the other side to line the backside of the Arched Doors Set 2.  As an anchor I used a portion of the Lace Border 3. The Archway, style 1 helps to frame the upper photo. I also tucked in a key which I frequently do, this time the Keys, set of 10. I love how rusty the Arched Doors Set 2 came out. 



My maiden name was Key, so I enjoy tucking those in when I create. Also, you can see the Lace Border 3 here. 



Just a little side view to share the dimension. 



On this side the outside of the Archway, style 1 is supported by the photo. 
I was very pleased how well everything came out! 

Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:

I hope you find time to play along with this month's challenge.
Can't wait to see your take!

Thanks again for coming by today! 

Sandi



3 comments:

  1. This is stunning! LOVING the photos and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sandi! This came out beautiful! Love the rust effect on the chippies and well....everything else too! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning Sandi, love the treatment you gave the chipboard, it looks so aged and rustic and amazing photos too..

    ReplyDelete