Sunday, September 1, 2019

13 Arts September Challenge ~ Discover

Hello, everyone! 
Well, once again we have made it to September! 
It is still hot here in Texas but I am dreaming of some cool, crisp Fall weather. 

We have a really cool challenge this month over at the 13 Arts Blog. 
I interpreted it as a color challenge and also wanted to add some Rust Effects to go along with the Urban Decay featured in a few of the images. 


These are 3 of the grand boys having a fun-filled afternoon. I left the photo in color as some of the mood board colors are there. I did some distressing and tearing while I rusted my chicken wire with the Rusty Bronze Rust Effect Powder and the Rust Reagent

Of course, I prepared my background with clear gesso, did some random stamping with the new 
Numbers Stamp. Then I added some stenciling with the gorgeous Grungy Butterflies Stencil. I accentuated the stencil with my Rainbow Color Duo Turquoise and my Amber Color Glow



Next it was a matter of finalizing my design placement and getting the texture and color balance just like I wanted it. 
For added texture I used some of our Colored Grit ~ Yellow Sand



You can see that a little better right here .. as well as the Rust Effect on the chicken wire. 



I finished with some gesso dabbing and paint splattering. 
Although this did not turn out exactly as I planned, I am pleased with these results. 


Here is the inspiration photo:


Isn't it amazing? 

Thanks for coming by! 
See you soon! 
Sandi




13 Arts Products used:

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that sweet photo, the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout.. lots of fabulous details..

    ReplyDelete