Friday, September 13, 2019

Fun Shaker and Tag with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends and fans! 

Sandi  here with you today sharing another project for Creative Embellishments! 


It's no secret that I love creating on Nicolle's Large Tags, 10. inch. They have become an ideal size for me to create and yet are something different from a greeting card or ATC. 

Here I've used a cute photo of a couple of the grand girls acting silly. I thought it would be ideal for using as a background for my Square Shaker Set. Since the photo is kinda goofy, who cares if we have sequins and beads rolling around on top of it, right? Just adds to the fun! 



For my purposes, I painted my shaker set pieces all a true white. I did the same with my Feeling the Love Frame and my title piece. I did later decided to brush everything with a some distress ink but painting first makes everything look more finished. The Shaker set consist of the base shape, 2 shape spacers, the acrylic and the top shape. This was you can get some pretty good height for your sequins, beads or other elements. 



The Feeling the Love Frame was set at a bit of an angle, so that my little Clara's face wouldn't be covered too much. Toward the end of my project, I added brown watercolors around my focal areas. 



The heart stems were also watercolored with the brown medium.  You can really check out all the sequins in this shot. These are from Buttons Galore and More. 



Sometimes searching for the right title piece takes longer than you might think. I finally settled on the Be Yourself from a newish set: Everyday Word Set.  I made a banner and added a few embellishments all around. Papers and medium are all 13 Arts. Naturally, I had to add a BEE! 



Of course, let's not forget the Large Tag, 10. inch itself which was covered with papers from 13 Arts "In Bloom" paper collection. I've used the 6x6 paper pad today. 
To give more dimension to my tag, I randomly stamped with the Binary Stamp which is a great subtle stamp for your backgrounds. 

I added a few embellishments and splattered some gesso and was done! 

I hope you'll take time to join our Facebook group and share your own CE projects! 
Thanks for coming by. 



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Chipboard:
Stamp:

3 comments: