Friday, December 27, 2019

2020! Oh Happy Day said the Elf ~ Creative Embellishments

Well, it's almost time to say "Happy New Year," CE friends! 
And just for the occasion, I've created a 2020 card and tag set with a fun twist. 


I decided to go with gold 13 Arts paint for my 2020 Shaker, so followed suite and chose some blue papers with gold stars from the 13 Arts Under the Stars collection. Painting and assembling the shaker took some time but the payoff is a show stopping card! 

To enhance the theme of time and decades, I added a Large Clock Face to set underneath my shaker. It was painted with walnut stain, gold shimmer and some added Peacock wax for patina. While that was drying, I added the sequin mixes to my shaker. They are a combination of gold, white and reindeer mix from Buttons Galore and More. 




To heighten the jazz factor, I also added some Chipboard Snowflakes which were painted white and given some iridescence with Stickles paint. Next I added a contrasting hot pink bloom and some old Petaloo berries along with a nice flair from the Shine Flair Gold set. 



I dabbed the elements with some white gesso for blending and then admired my work before moving on to my tag! 

Just a heads up that painting and assembling the more intricate shakers does take some time and patience. But totally worth it! 



I happened to have my latest shipment of CE products on my scrappy table and stumbled on the Santa's Helpers pack. When I saw the little fella with his arms thrown up with glee, I knew he was very, very happy that Christmas has come and gone for another year. Now, he can take his much needed January vacation! 

So I painted him a neutral off white and dabbed some navy color around to replicate clothing. For a title I went with a couple of words from the Holiday Sentiment Word Set which simply say "Happy Day." You know he's feeling it! 



I finished with a gold wired ribbon and another flower and a Flair. 

Wow, I can't believe this is my last Creative Embellishments post for this decade! 
If you hurry, you have a few more days to make a quick New Years project! 
And don't forget the December Challenge will be over soon. 


Thanks for coming by the blog today! 
See you soon! 



Creative Embellishments products used: 


1 comment: