Friday, February 28, 2020

Wild One ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Sandi here with some Friday inspiration for Creative Embellishments.

And speaking of inspiration, do you ever get stuck? All those wonderful ideas that were racing around in your head the night before are suddenly gone? 
Well, here's what I do: I scrap lift myself. 

Depending on if I'm in the mood for a layout or a card, a canvas, anything really. 
I just scroll my own gallery and then boom! An idea or a sketch design jumps out at me or maybe I see a fave piece of chipboard and away I go creating anew. 


Last year I created a layout similar to this one and honestly, I needed another one very similar because my daughter wants the first one. So, I found a cute photo of my dog Georgie after a bath when he was still a pup. He'd been towel dried but was still wet and looking pretty fed up with the whole ordeal. Now, he's 70 pounds and there is no way I can bath him here at home except for outside. Since he's a Golden Doodle, he has to see the groomer often and we don't have many of these cute photo moments anymore. 

I grabbed some 49 and Market papers and prepped it with 13 Arts clear gesso, then used my Muddy Paws Stencil to much some modeling though it. The 13 Arts modeling paste stays very white which I really love. When that was dry, I did some random stamping with my fave CE stamp: Circle Bokeh Stamp

While all that was drying, I got to work on altering my chipboard. 



The Heart Strings Border is one of my absolute pieces of Creative Embellishments chipboard. It makes a great border but I love tucking it behind my focal area. All of chipboard for this layout was stained with walnut ink except for the Bubbles which were painted with 13 Arts white gesso and then inked with an old Quick Quotes ink pad. 

I added some paper layers and then adhered my Heart Strings Border and the Infinite Circle Frame. After that I added my photo which was elevated with corrugated cardboard for dimension.

The Bubbles were easy to tuck in along both sides of my photo with a few stray bubbles floating upward. Almost as an afterthought, I added some 49 and Market florals. 



Here is a nice shot of the Bubbles as well as one of the Happy Tails Flairs that I used. You can also see Georgie giving me a little side-eye! So funny! 



Lastly, I added my Wild One Title which worked nice given what a wild pup he was. The finishing touches were dabbing with gesso and then splattering some across the page. 

Thank you so much for dropping by today. 
If you haven't seen the February Challenge yet, please check it out! 
I created the mood board this month and would love to see how it inspires you. 
The Challenge post is always pinned at the top of the blog.  

See you soon! 




Creative Embellishments products used: 
Flair:
Stamp:
Chipboard:
Stencil:


1 comment: