Sunday, March 1, 2020

Adventure ~ Amelia Earhart Layout for 13 Arts Challenge

“…decide…whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying….”
Amelia Earhart. 


Hello, creative friends! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my most recent layout for the 13 Arts blog.

For the month of March, we have the most wonderful Challenge image from Design Team member Alena. I will share that at the end of this post. Here is my take on the Challenge using a stock photo of Amelia Earhart. 


I began by tearing a piece of the Back in time paper - Victoriana and layered it over the The Clock paper - Victoriana. Then I added a layer of Clear Gesso to protect the paper from any color I might add and to help the color move easily. After one failed attempt, I decided against doing any stamping because the paper is somewhat busy all by itself. I did add some texture, however, by pushing Modeling Paste through the Planes Stencil. Because I was using a photo of Amelia Earhart, I wanted to add the planes which are from the Travel the World collection. 




I've used some papers from the Paper pad A6 "Victoriana" as a photo mat along with some embellishments from the Victoriana Ephemera pack. To continue the theme of my project, I opted to layer in some gauze which was colorized with both Yellow Amber Water Ink as well as Brown Water Ink. Before completing the focal area, I decided to add in some of the co-ordinating chipboard, Chipboard set 12x12 "Victoriana and used the Rusty Bronze Rust Effect Powder along with the Rust Reagent. After adding some random florals from my stash, I was not satisfied with all the gray tones and decided to add some rusty tones around the focal area. I used a combination of the Brown Water Ink along with a small amount of  Yellow Amber Water Ink




Lastly, I colored some 3D stones and adhered those for both texture and to soften the effect of the added color. 
I finished with a small cluster below and paint splattering of white and then some black. 
Mt titles were cut from the TRAVELING 12x12 cardstock elements "white ENG



One last photo of the upper left corner. 

13 Arts products used: 
Mini watercolor palette - coming soon


March Challenge image for 13 Arts: 



We hope that you can find time to play along! 
Thanks so much for dropping by today. 

Sandi




2 comments: