Friday, March 20, 2020

Happy Birthday Cards! ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a couple of fun cards for Creative Embellishments.

Can you guess what these two cards have in common? 
Well. firstly, they are designed with Creative Embellishments but secondly, they both were created using some very, very old Basic Grey. I was rummaging around for something to coordinate with the
 Happy Birthday Flair and finally got to my BG stash and there you have it! 
I was just in the mood for something different .. happy and fun .. certainly not my usual colors! 


Okay, let's take a closer look at each card. 

This time around, I went with my Ivory card stock bases versus my usual white one. 
Then working from an old sketch, I came up with this design. 

Creative Embellishments products used were:

The Large Clock Face 4" was stained with walnut ink. I placed and one Artist Trading Coins on top of the clock near the center. The coin was papered with one the BG floral papers. I added my yellow  flowers next because I wanted to be sure I got my Happy Birthday Flair positioned perfectly .. 2 on the left and 1 on the right. Then I inked the word "ageless" from the Always Word Set and placed it on the ATC. 

Some white paint splattering, twine and moss  ...  and it was done! 

Here are a couple of close-ups: 



*****


I almost didn't use this Shaker because several on the team have already used it BUT ... I have a dear friend who loves all things Irish! So, I created this one for her birthday (which is in July) but I thought I'd go with the Shamrock theme since we are just barely past St. Patrick's Day. She will LOVE it! 

I used the same basic sketch on this card and worked on painting, papering and assembling my Shamrock Shaker Set. Love that it has the papered background. For a fun twist, I used a sequin mix that has some pink in it. It is from @spiegelmomscraps and is called Picking Wild Flowers. 

t was finished with some rhinestones and a bow ... so cute! 

Creative Embellishments products used were:

Close-ups:



There you have it! 
Two fairly quick birthday cards.  
I have lots of them coming up in the next few month! 
As always, choosing my papers is what takes me forever ...... 

Stay safe, everyone. 

Hopefully, you will have some time to be creative instead of reading every single bit of news that comes your way. 
I am trying to focus on my blessings while I social distance. 

See you here soon! 



1 comment: