Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Creative Embellishments April Challenge

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my project for the April Challenge .. this time a whimsical layout featuring a stock photo that is all about flowers! 


My inspiration came from the all the spring colors in the photo as well as the flower images. I had saved this stock photo of a girl wearing a wire nest of flowers. It is so fanciful and perfect for a fun layout. 
There is tons of CE product on this one as well as all papers and medium being from 13 Arts. 



I wanted something to cluster around my photos and remembered the chipboard Birdhouses that I've been hoarding. I lightly inked them and had them ready to tuck around my photo. Then I remembered having a partially finished Berry Frame 4 that I painted green and placed under my photo for floral interest. After doing those 2 items, I inked a banner from the Banners set and used it as a base for my title which I created using the wood veneer Typewriter Keys and spelling Spring. Of course, a few florals had to be tucked in, right? 



Here is a side view for dimension. 

Of course, before adhering anything I added some texture with modeling paster pushed through the Art Stencil. I think this stencil is best reserved for inks and mists as the paste smeared a bit. Then I added 13 Arts water ink in Olive for color. 


The mason jars in the Challenge photo reminded me of the Chinese Lantern Set 2 that I had in my stash. I painted those and then decorated a bit with florals. 



I also included some grass from the Grass Set, painted it and paired it with a bee from the Bumblebees set. 

I love how everything turned out although it took me several days to finish. I must admit I was sidelined by all the bad news but finally focused on my new found free time and finished! 

Here is the Challenge image: 

We hope that you can find time to play along! 
See you next time. 



Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 
Stencil:
Art Stencil
Wood Veneer: 
Typewriter Keys
Bumblebees

2 comments: