Friday, May 8, 2020

A Mother's Love Vignette ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends!
Sandi here with you today sharing my newest CE project.

I created a little vignette on one of the new Fleur de lis Circle pieces. This collection of circle pieces are 8 inches in diameter. My idea was to use it much like an altered embroidery hoop while also giving a nod to the upcoming Mother's Day.


Yes, this is me  ... on Day One of being a first-time mom. When I look at this photo, I remember soaking in every tiny thing about my little baby girl. Her long lashes, dark hair, every newborn noise, the way she made a little "O" with her mouth, those big stretches with some big ole yawns. You can see that she's checking me out as well! What a privilege to be her momma. Then and now. 

And for those ladies out there who might have negative emotions on Mother's Day, please know that I understand. Although this daughter is one my life's greatest blessings, I was navigating a season of deep grief when she was born.  I wish this was a total "Kodak/Instagram moment" (and in some ways it is)  but the reality is often that life is can be just plain hard. I see you. I feel your loss. Scroll on by if you need to. In fact, I had to do less on this project than I would have liked because that old grief just bubbled up and I needed to re-direct my thoughts.

As for the project, I painted my chipboard white and misted it with creamy/gold mist. When it was dry, I backed it with some 13 Arts In Bloom papers.  I painted the A Mother's Love ... title chipboard with white and then went back in with a peachy/pink Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. I applied several coats until I got my saturation as I needed.


Here's a little close-up of the chipboard pieces. As a finishing touch, it was dabbed with white gesso when I was blending the project.



I had a little shelter-in-place crisis with my light box light bulbs at exactly when I needed to photograph my project. Finding non-essential photography do-dads isn't easy right now! Anyhoo, I included this one photograph because although my background is dark, the chipboard stands out nicely.

Thanks so much for coming by today!
We appreciate all of you who are shopping with us and playing along with our challenges!
Some very new original products were JUST added to the store.  MIRROR ACRYLIC is making a debut.     You need to check them out!

See you next time!


Creative Embellishments products used: 

1 comment: