Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Birthday Cards with Sandi ~ 13 Arts

Hello, scrappy friends!

It is Sandi here with you today sharing a couple of birthday cards using several different collections.
We have half a dozen or so birthdays in the family in May and June, so I always need lots of cards!
 In fact, I should make more than I do. They are always well received and I like them better than what you can purchase at the store.


So, here is the finished products using the Under the Stars collection and ephemera from several collections. They are similar in that they are almost a reverse of one another.



This one might be my favorite due to the beautiful dark teal Stardust paper, Under the Stars layered on the Shine paper, Under the Stars. I did some fussy cutting from the Shine paper to add some interest to my cards. I placed this across a diagonal strip of paper. The Paint Your Life banner is from the Speaking of Which Cardstock 12x12.

To add some dimension I added sisal and a few flowers from my stash from the now defunct Petaloo by Floracraft. I also added some gold stars from the Gold Adhesive Stars - 56 pieces.




This was actually the first card I created and I had loads of fun doing some mixed media work. I covered my paper with clear gesso and then pushed modeling paste through the Footsteps Stencil. After adding all my embellishments I added color with Tiger Eye Color Glow. Then I splattered everything with White Splash! ink.

My husband likes this one best, so ha! It might be saved for his birthday.
The Color Glow is so very pretty in person.
I added a few pearls and old metal findings to complete the look.

Here is a list of products used:

13 Arts Products
Shine paper, Under the Stars
Stardust paper, Under the Stars
Butterfly Ephemera, Grungy Walls
Ephemera pack, Travel the World
Footsteps Stencil
Tiger Eye Color Glow
White Splash! ink
Speaking of Which Cardstock 12x12
Clear Gesso
Modeling Paste
Gel medium
Splash Brush
Silicone Brush 50 mm
4mm round Watercolor Brush
Gold Adhesive Stars - 56 pieces

See you next time!
You have a few more days to get your Challenge entries in!

Sandi




2 comments: