Friday, June 12, 2020

Come Fly with Me ~ 13 Arts layout

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Thanks for coming by today. 

I am the host today over on the 13 Arts blog and I'm sharing a layout created with mostly the new "Travel the World" collection.


My inspiration was this cute photo of little granddaughter Clara buzzing around in her whale-shaped swing. That expression on her face is so much her silly, fun personality!

I saw lots of same colors in the photos as there are in the Travel collection, so it was a natural fit. I finally honed in on the Around the Globe paper to serve as my base layer. The photo layers are On the Map paper  and Where to paper  along with papers from the Paper Pad A6, Travel the World.



As usual I prepped my base layer with Clear Gesso and then did some random stamping with the A6 Travel Map Stamp and black archival ink. Next, I pulled out the The Wind Rose Stencil and used it to push my 13 Arts modeling paste through.
When that was dry, I began building my photos layers as noted above.



It was so fun grouping my ephemera pieces from the Ephemera pack, Travel the World. I also did some fussy cutting of the Our Trip paper and mixed those in as well.

For more dimensions, I added several layers of corrugated cardboard.



Once I was happy with my layers, I tucked in some pieces of cheesecloth all around the photo.

Then I set about adding some color around the focal area with my watercolor brush and some Chalk Turquoise Mist which I poured into my paint palette and watered down as I went around that area and over the stenciled areas.



Lastly, I added some 3D Balls Medium and Light Gray Colored Grit, then some turquoise pearls
from my stash.

I am quite pleased with how this turned out.
It seems that just the right photo inspires my creativity.

13 Arts Products used: 
3D Balls Medium

Thanks for coming by today!
I always appreciate your comments.
See you next time.
Sandi




3 comments: