Monday, June 1, 2020

Creative Embellishments June Challenge!

Hello to Summer, scrappy friends! (Or Winter for some of you!)

Can you believe that it is June already? 
Of course, the past few months have dragged on in many ways but maybe we can finally enjoy a bit of a new Season. 

I am still working on birthday cards for all my June-July family members and here is another example. This time I took some inspiration from Tim Holtz's Q and A demos to create my card background which is watercolor paper. 


I used a number of Distress Oxide Sprays to create my background, then added some splattering of Heidi Swapps gold mist at the end. 

I've used 2 great CE chipboard pieces starting with the fabulous birthday cake from the Birthday Cakes Set. I've altered the cake with Picked Raspberry oxide and some stickles. I also added a base with a portion of an old sticker piece. I added some sparkle to the doily on the cake plate as this is my lace "twist" portion of the challenge. 



I dearly love the Happy Birthday Banner from Creative Embellishments and decided to use it here. 
I altered it with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Spray which turns more blue on a Kraft substrate. I added some stickles to the bows to co-ordinate with the cake. 



When I finished up the chipboard and adhered it I still felt that my project needed some more pizazz. 
After fritzing with a number of options, I finally just added in some old, very old 3D stickers of gifts and cupcakes just to provide a little more "filler." 



Lastly, I added the party hats from the same sticker pack although honestly, Creative Embellishments offers some great ones here: Birthday Hats. Then, just to kick things up a notch, I added some random flat back pearls. 

I hope you can play along this month! 
Here is the Challenge image: 


That's it for today. 

I alway appreciate the few of you who drop by! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful vibrant and happy card!! and yes it is winter for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeee this! LOVING the cake and the hats!

    ReplyDelete