Monday, June 8, 2020

Puppy Love with Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi Clarkson here with you today to share my latest project for the Blog. 

I have found it a bit hard to focus on my scrapping lately, so I thought a cute "puppy photo" might help inspire me! 


The right photo is "key" for me. 
It has to inspire me or bring out strong feelings. Then it becomes SO much easier to create! 
When a photo is just so-so, I often just bumble my way though. True fact! 
So, my biggest advice for the day is to scrap the photos that really resonate with you! 

This is our boy Georgie when he was just 6 weeks ago trying to look all cute and get chosen by the right family. 
Oh, he had my heart from Day One. Two weeks later we went and picked him up! He's 2 years old now and still quite the chow hound! And such a sweet. sweet boy! 



To bring the eye to my focal point, I framed the photo with the Twig Frame with Fall leaves. I altered the chipboard frame and leaves with my Distress Oxide sprays (mustard seed and peels paint) after painting them with some antique white paint. 

To further frame my photo, I added some fussy cut flowers and some old 3 dimensional Petaloo by Floracraft in a warm amber color. I used a large chipboard piece that came with the Raining Cats and Dogs paper from Graphic 45 to anchor the left side. 

If you look closely, you'll see a couple of the Puppy Love Flair buttons. So, so cute! 



The Flair buttons are a perfect complement to add a different texture to your projects. 



Here is the title piece from the Puppy Love Word Set which I altered with Black Soot Spray Stain. 
I covered a lot of journaling spot but hey, that's okay! 
I know without reading it that this is momma's best-eat boy! 

That's it for today, crafters. 

Hopefully you found a bit of inspiration! 

See you next time! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments product used:
Chipboard: 
Flair:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout cute puppy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this! LOVING the colors, the photo and how you framed it!

    ReplyDelete