Friday, October 9, 2020

A Wedding Layout with Sandi ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments friends and fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a wedding layout featuring some of my favorite Creative Embellishments products. 
(Papers and mediums are all 13 Arts.) 



I loosely based my layout on an old "Sketchabilities" sketch that I liked and chose some 13 Arts Rosalie papers that seemed fitting for this photo of my niece and her husband from their wedding. They are celebrating 5 years already! 

First I painted my 2 chipboard pieces with Old Silver Paint and let them dry. While they dried, I applied clear gesso to my already distressed papers and dried that with the heat gun. Then I added some stenciling with modeling paste and the Flourish Stencil 3

I had already drawn off where my focal area would be, so I went ahead and added Pink Chalk mist using the transfer technique. I wet the ink with a water mister for more subtle coverage. 

Next it was a simple matter of adding my embellishments.



The Infinite Circle Frame is one of my all time fave CE chipboard frames.  It is simple enough that it can go a variety of ways from masculine to romantic and beyond. I like how the Old Silver paint gives it a bit of metallic shine.



The Lacy Border is a newer piece and WOW, it is a beauty! 
You can use it unaltered or glam it up all you want. 
It is stunning either way.



This was my first time using the Flourish Stencil 3
It is really pretty but again, very versatile. 
I amped it up by highlighting it with a vibrant pink mist. 


Lastly, I splattered white gesso over everything and dabbed it on my embellishments for blending. 
Tuck in a bit of gauze and you are good to go! 


Thanks for coming by today. 
See you next time. 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard:
Stencil:

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the chipboard, the doily and the floral paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is absolutely beautiful.. I love the pink colors and what a precious photo too..

    ReplyDelete