Thursday, October 22, 2020

Autumn Cards ~ Creative Embellishments

 Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a couple of slimline cards for the Autumn season. One for Halloween and the other geared toward Thanksgiving. 


With the ongoing popularity of more DL or slimline cards, Nicolle created a couple of frames that are geared towards that size. I used the Slim Frame and the Slim Frame 2 and used them a bit differently on each card. All my chipboard pieces were altered with the Distress Black Soot mist along with Shimmerz Hot Fudge mist. I added the Hot Fudge because it is a brown mist with gold shimmer. Made for a nice alter, I thought. 



This first card was made a bit wider than the second. I wanted to see how this would look with more margin around the frame. The frame is layered over a couple of pieces of Graphic 45 Place in Time papers. After adding the frame, I added some additional focal notecards along with some embellishments. For the title piece I used the word Bountiful from the Autumn word Set

A few splatters of mist and some dabbing of white gesso and this was complete. 



Here is a close-up of the title piece. You can also see how intricate the frame is. 

***


This is my second card where I went more narrow and really like how this turned out. 
In fact, I actually backed the Slim Frame 2 with layers cut to the frame dimension and it worked perfectly here. 
I think this frame might be my favorite of the two but really, I like them both so much! 



And here's a close-up shot of the Autumn title from the Autumn word Set.

I don't normally work with orange and black but I figured it was time to break out of my comfort zone. Now I have a couple of cards handy for the upcoming holidays. 

I hope that you've had a chance to see this month's Challenge and hopefully, you will be able to participate. Busy time of year, I know! 

Thanks so much for coming by today! 

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

2 comments:

  1. These are totally awesome Sandi! I still call them "skinny cards" - LOL. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AMAZING! I am loving those frames and The Saturday Evening Post paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete