Sunday, October 18, 2020

Chunky Christmas Canvas for 13 Arts using Rice Paper

Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a chunky 6x6 canvas created with some 13 Arts Rice paper from the 13 Arts Dreamland collection. 

My canvas was purchased from a local craft store and was actually already gesso prepped. I just did a bit of touch up to it. 

Then I measured and cut all my Rice Paper pieces to approximate the front and side measurements of the canvas. Next I began applying some gel medium to one section at a time and adhered the Rice paper with a smoothing motion and then pounced with a stiff brush. 

When the front and sides were adhered and nearly dry,  I sanded away any random edges. 
I then protected it all with another layer of gel medium on the top of the paper. 



Although the sides were covered with Rice Paper, I opted to further decorate with a sheer, wired ribbon from my stash. I glued the ends of the ribbon together and then added a pretty matching bow. The flowers and pine cones were added at the end. 

Next, I moved on to my embellishments in the upper left corner and layered some of the gorgeous ephemera found in the Dreamland ephemera pack used cardboard and dimensional foam squares to elevate. 

I chose some chipboard pieces from the chipboard set and colored them brown. When they were dry, I glued them onto the lower right using gel medium as my adhesive. It simply say Merry Christmas. 

Lastly, I added some flowers and 13 Arts pine cones.

For blending and to help them pop, I dabbed the pine cones with white gesso. 


I hope you will visit the 13 Arts blog and see what the rest of the Design Team has created. We are posting them over the course of several day: the 18th, 20th and 21st. 

Here is a list of products used: 

 13 Arts products used:

Winter Dreams Rice paper, Dreamland

Dreamland Ephemera Pack

Dreamland chipboard

Natural Cones

Brown Rainbow Color

 White Gesso

Gel Medium


Thanks so much for dropping by! 

See you next time! 

Sandi



1 comment: