Friday, November 13, 2020

Family is a work of heART ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Fall is in the air here in the Northern Hemisphere. 

I so love seeing the leaves change color and put on a gorgeous show! 


Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my newest project created for Creative Embellishments. 

This Floral Circle 2  was SO fun to alter!  

All papers and mediums are 13 Arts except for the waxes and I really put them to use replicating Fall's change of Color. 

There is some End of Summer paper behind this 8 inch round panel but I altered the chipboard prior to adhering to the paper. I was able to develop texture on my chipboard by simply adding multiple layers of the same (or different) water inks and then drying when it was still in puddles. Love how that turned out. 

And don't you love my sweet photo of grandson Jake with his family? His wife Olivia is the sweetest lady and manages all these boys with ease. 


The Family is a work of heART was misted black and then I added gold wax for some shine. I mounted in on paper and then fussy cut around the lettering so the the title would stand out more. 

Various color waxes were also applied randomly all over my round panel. That really helped in making transitional color to mimic leaves. 

 

I added a few matching ephemera pieces from the End of Summer collection and then added some florals of various color to help soften the layout. 



Some cheesecloth was tucked in a few spots to provide additional texture. 
Ah, I love, love how beautifully I was able to alter this amazing piece. 

Have you seen this month's Challenge? 

I used that as inspiration for this project but saved it to share today.

Anyway, there are some great prize opportunities. I hope you can play along this month! 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

See you next time! 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Floral Circle 2

Family is a work of heART


2 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing.. i love all the branches on the back ground and the whole creation looks lovely..

    ReplyDelete