Sunday, November 1, 2020

Fly High ~ 13 Arts November Challenge layout

 Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing my take on the November Challenge. 

Actually, I am the Challenge hostess for November and I created the lovely mood board which you will find a couple of photos below. You are free to draw inspiration from it in any way you like. The colors, the specific images or the general Feeling it evokes. 

Although I had planned to use the Moose image along with more Autumn colors in my project, this is the direction I ultimately went. I think the dark bottle green pairs so nicely with the coraly-pink and marries well with these sweet softball photos of our granddaughter. For a little drama, I went with two of the same image. 


Here is the Challenge image. You can find more details on the 13 Arts Blog in the right hand sidebar. 
I hope you like it. 



As always, I prepped my paper with 13 Arts Clear Gesso and did some Stencil work with both the Horoscope Stencil and the wreath part of the Unforgettable Stencil. I really like that the 13 Arts modeling paste is pure white. That way I can either color it or not and still have the lovely white dominating the project. All the Color products listed below were used on the wreath which only peeks out here and there. 



For my papers I've used the Dreamland Dried Flowers paper  and the 
Sunrise Beautiful Day paper. These two collections really play nicely together. My fussy cut ephemera is Sunrise but the Sticker are Dreamland. 
With this latest release, Aida also included some flair Badges which are so fun to include! 



My photo layers were from both collections paper pads.
I've included the circular chipboard from the Dreamland chipboard and painted them white to mimic the  bucket of softballs. 



I thought some dried grass would provide texture. It was from my stash and purchased at a big box craft store as are my 3D florals. 



My final touches were the inclusion of some Gold Microspheres and lastly, splattering of watered down white gesso. 

I hope you can find time to play along with us this month. I know November and December can get crazy busy but crafting always provides me with a calming effect.

Thanks for dropping by! 
Sandi


13 Arts products used:

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING those photos, the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete