Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Merry Christmas Canvas ~ Rockefeller Center, 2016 ~ 13 Arts

Hello, scrappy friends! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a canvas that I created for 13 Arts group post featuring anything Christmas. 

I haven't done a canvas in a while, so thought that would be a fun project to do. The hard part was choosing a photo (Rockefeller Center, NYC, 2016) and then spending hours fussy cutting elements. 



Using modeling paste and texture powder, I created a crackle paste which I applied and the air dried for 24 hours. Next I added my Pastel Mint and Pastel Cinnamon colors along with some Pearl Gold. 

I choose a couple of papers from the 2 paper pads and distressing those and adhered those to several pieces of corrugated cardboard for height and dimension. Under that I had already adhered a fussy cut piece of the Dreamland transparency. 

I added color and Aleene's snow to my evergreen trees before including those. 
Once everything was added and glued down, I enhanced the focal area with the Sap Green mist. When that was dry, I splattered my white gesso and Old Gold Glitter. 

Love how the pine cones and stars bring a Christmas feel to my canvas. 







I hope you will drop by the 13 Arts Blog for more Christmas inspiration from the Design Team. We are posting our Christmas creations on the 18th and the 25th. 

Thanks for coming by! 
Sandi


Materials used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment